Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Rams lack top-end talent, not depth on offensive line

January 28, 2020 09:35AM
Rams43
I think Da Silva is being too kind regarding Blythe’s chances as a RG. Blythe will sink or swim as a C if he sticks with the Rams.

I do agree, however, that the Rams have good OL depth but lack a single proven OL stud on their current roster. There seems to be potential with Edwards, Evans, and Corbett, I suppose. But remember that famous coach’s quote, “Son, your potential is gonna get me fired”.

Kromer is a helluva OL coach but he’s really got to get this right.

A pick used on a stud C or any other OL player that somehow fell to 52 would neither surprise nor disappoint me.

Not a fan of DaSilva but I do agree he is correct to an extent. Blythe is a depth level talent who will get more than he should on the market. Allen probably is too, barring serious improvement in pass pro. Noteboom certainly is at OG and probably isn't a starter at LT either barring a lot of improvement in his strength.

Corbett is a big talented lineman who disappointed in Cleveland. Talent is there though no doubt about it IMO.

Evans & Edwards raised the talent bar a LOT on this line last season. They were both very good picks who are going to play well at this level and have the talent to do so.

But yes we need a stud, or perhaps more accurately a good vet in his prime who can anchor the line. And it doesn't have to come round 2 btw it could easily be taken care of with multiple FA options. Just gonna come down to how many hit the market.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Rams lack top-end talent, not depth on offensive line

RamBill415January 28, 2020 05:57AM

Younger Whit and Saffold were top end talent

max141January 28, 2020 07:20AM

Re: Younger Whit and Saffold were top end talent

ferragamo79122January 28, 2020 07:29AM

Re: Younger Whit and Saffold were top end talent

LMU93199January 28, 2020 07:33AM

there's some truth to this

LMU93196January 28, 2020 07:29AM

Re: Rams lack top-end talent, not depth on offensive line