Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: I'd start with which positions might have rook starters

January 26, 2020 05:54AM
Secondary is mostly assembled and the back end probably will have more complications and changes but with so many vets I doubt it will be a problem. Ramsey has been around, Hill was under Greg Williams, etc. Slot isn't a big deal. Only real question for me in the secondary is the deep middle, I feel like we need a rangy ballhawk deep. So only potential rookie starter for us in the secondary would be a guy like Winfield but it's hard to imagine the Rams going safety again when they have Rapp & JJ on the roster (JJ in final contract year but still) with other needs and strong DL and OT options not to mention potentially some edge options there in the 50s.

So we're probably looking at 5T and ILB as spots where the Rams might draft a starter. Maybe OLB if they get lucky.

Young/vet starters we're talking same potential positions. The OLB types should have the basics down and be ready to adjust. ILB types will probably see more focus on run fits especially on certain down/distance situations. So I'd guess we're not looking at too much time for the new DC to come online.

Really the problem for him is going to be talent moreso than scheme being understood. Can the Rams upgrade 5T and ILB? If they do I would think our defense will be pretty good next season.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

How long will it take Staley to install his defensive scheme?

RamBum581January 26, 2020 03:43AM

Re: How long will it take Staley to install his defensive scheme?

zn369January 26, 2020 03:57AM

Still comes down to this

NewMexicoRam375January 26, 2020 04:32AM

Re: I'd start with which positions might have rook starters

merlin408January 26, 2020 05:54AM

Re: How long will it take Staley to install his defensive scheme?

Classicalwit238January 26, 2020 04:23PM