Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I watched the game and wondered the same thing...

January 02, 2020 10:13AM
RantoulRam
I watched a bit of the game at the beginning, then turned it off to spend quality time with my son.

How in the heck did we force 5 turnovers and only win by a TD? Did we play that badly aside from the turnovers?

... because the O played wel and the D was fine. IOW, it felt to me like the game was fairly even if you exclude the TO's, so how could the Rams win by only one score?

A couple thoughts.

1. The 5th TO was on the last play of the game - and to had no chance. (Weird play call. They were near midfield, well in range of a Hail Mary into the end zone. Instead they started with a quick dump to the sideline and apparently were looking to go 50 yds by laterals.) So that last TO was meaningless. Rams effectively +4, not +5 on TO's.

2. The Rams failed on a fake punt from their own 17, which led to a Cards' TD. That was effectively a TO deep in their own territory. Rams effectively +3, not +4 on TO's.

3. I *think* two of the other Cardinals turnovers were in Rams' territory, so they didn't translate into an automatic 3 the way some TO's do.

4. GZ missed a 47-yarder. Those are expected points-off-turnover the Rams didn't score.

But, yeah, weird game that way.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

What the heck happened against AZ with 5 turnovers?

RantoulRam432January 02, 2020 06:29AM

I watched the game and wondered the same thing...

Suh-weet!304January 02, 2020 10:13AM

Rams didnt force some of those

ferragamo79192January 02, 2020 11:39AM