Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I re-watched the Card game last night...

December 05, 2019 08:48AM
Tried my best to watch Corbett, Blythe, and Edwards. Didn’t focus on Evans because I watched him a great deal during the game live.

Here are my non-professional impressions.

All 3 played pretty darned well. At least equal to league average play at their respective positions. And we all know that they’re only gonna get better and better.

About Edwards 4 flags:

Well, holding could be called on every play if the refs really wanted to.
No excuse for the false start, but the holds were very ticky tack, IMO. Amazing that they were so focused on Edwards and were letting others slide. Sigh...
I saw other OL players making similar uncalled ‘holds’ on both sides of the ball. Both teams.
If only the refs could ‘see’ the constant FLAGRANT holds against AD! Talk about a double standard.

I was pleased to see Ram OL players often making secondary blocks downfield. There was a whole lot of quality blocking going on in this game, tbh.

Rams dominated both sides of the LOS. Yeah, it was only the Cards, but still...

I don’t know what’s the real deal with Gurley’s knee, but I do know this. Gurley can still get 5 ypc when his OL can give him at least a crease. And the Ram OL was definitely giving him more than just a crease. That’s what’s been missing during too many games this season.

Goff was in the zone vs the weak Cards secondary, so gotta take it with a grain of salt, but still. Could have put up 500 yards had McVay not called off the dogs. It just seemed like Goff was confident in his OL and he felt free to be himself.

McVay might be planning on heavier and heavier doses of TE’s for our remaining opponents. Once Everett returns I expect more 12 sets. They help our ground game and keep moving those chains.

Geez, sure would be nice if they can find the money to extend Littleton. That guy is making plays everywhere! He’s an asset on multiple levels and such players you really want to keep.

Loved seeing McVay clear the bench in the 4th quarter. Several players looked like they belonged.

I’m gonna go out on a limb here and predict that Long is gonna be our starting outside CB next year opposite Ramsey. Got a real good feeling about this Long kid.

Travin Howard showed up, too. We’ve gotta keep an eye on him for ‘20, I think.

That’s about it concerning this blowout game. Hopefully, the Rams can bring some of this fire to the Seahawk game.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

A brief review of Ram OL play vs Cards by NorCal RF...

Rams43627December 04, 2019 09:09AM

Re: A brief review of Ram OL play vs Cards by NorCal RF...

Barf33335December 04, 2019 01:36PM

Re: Taylor Rapp and how quickly they forget

leafnose295December 04, 2019 02:58PM

Rams43380December 04, 2019 05:13PM

Re: Anyone else think Havenstein was nursing bad knee for a while?

oldschoolramfan238December 05, 2019 05:26AM

Tony Romas292December 05, 2019 08:06AM

I re-watched the Card game last night...

Rams43197December 05, 2019 08:48AM