Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

One season does not a quarterback make...or break

December 02, 2019 11:24AM
I am optimistic about Goff's potential. He is good enough to win a lot of games, with a team built around him. I'm also not blind to his struggles this year, there have been games where he just can't elevate the team. I don't think that makes him a bust or the money spent on him wasted. In a couple yerars, his deal will look much better. You'll have guys like Mahomes and Jackson, and Dak getting huge deals. Will any of them be Super Bowl champions at that time? Who knows.

Look around the league - Jimmy G is not an elite talent, yet with a dominant defense and running game the team can play with anyone. This year. Next year - who knows?

Ryan Tannehill - left for dead in Miami is suddenly looking pretty good with a dominant running game and defense. Kirk Cousins - same. The defense and running game are clicking for Minnesota and presto - he's suddenly looking worth the money.

Carson Wantz - is he a bust? Overpaid? This year it looks like it. Next year, who knows.

We're kind of in the snap judgement age - draft grades after the first round (wtf?) I think its way too early to write off Goff or crown him a savior. Kurt Warner is in the hall of fame based on a donut of a career - great at the beginning, great at the end, kind of empty in the middle
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

One season does not a quarterback make...or break

promomasterj103December 02, 2019 11:24AM