Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Goff and McVay - growing pains

November 11, 2019 07:43AM
For everyone calling on dumping Goff and firing Mcvay because the team is...gasp....5-4 - I have news for you - they're not going anywhere anytime soon. Who are you comping them too? Who's had nothing but success at their age and experience level? For QB's - Wilson comes to mind. But how many guys are like him? He's probably a HOF'er when all is said and done. And his coach - Carrol had some mediocre years with the jets - multiple college years and even a couple of not great years early in Seattle. The guy is twice McVay's age!

How is Nagy doing? Frank Reich? Dan Quinn? Mike Vrabel? Anthony Lynn? Kyle Shannahan is having a good year - how about the last couple?

I'm disappointed in this season as much as the next fan but it's not really a mystery they are where they are. If anything - this is the normal order of business in the NFL. Young coaches and young QB's have ups and downs. If anything - the last 2 years were outliers and maybe spoiled us all.

Even the mighty Bellichek started as a mediocre head coach of the Browns and was fired from that job.

Goff is 25 and finding that life in the NFL with no run game and no O-line takes something extra special from a QB. He doesn't have it yet, but he could get there.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Goff and McVay - growing pains

promomasterj360November 11, 2019 07:43AM

Great post nm

Ram49149November 11, 2019 07:50AM

Re: Goff and McVay - growing pains

Rams43158November 11, 2019 08:37AM

Lots of poster names - only when we lose

promomasterj172November 11, 2019 08:43AM

Guilty...but...

Ram49218November 11, 2019 09:42AM

I'm more disappointed in the front office