Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I'm going to say 9-7...

November 11, 2019 04:39AM
Until I see otherwise I'll now say the Rams finish 9-7. Things imploded in Pittsburgh but I believe they will beat Chicago, Seattle and Arizona (twice). Could be wrong. But that's what I think today. Their only path to the playoffs is winning 10 games including going 5-1 vs. the NFC teams and beating Seattle. Seattle has exactly one gimme game left and that's home vs. Arizona. So the Rams still have a (faint) pulse.

Here's what I thought about the Steelers. Going into the game I said to a couple friends that are Steelers' fans that the Rams OL vs. the Steelers front 7 was a bad matchup for the Rams. The Steelers are a middle of the road team. But they are an upper tier front seven and they always have a good home field advantage. And right now, given the Rams serious OL issues, facing that front seven is no bueno...

The good? The Rams' defense played really well overall. Credit Rudolph (who I think Pittsburgh should stick with in 2020) for making some nice plays, especially on that last FG drive. The Rams gave up 4.0 yards/play overall, totally shut down the Steelers running game, and scored 9 points. They did their job.

Penalties remain an issue. And understated part of why the Rams have stepped back this season. And yes a few of those flags Sunday were BS. But still. They're on pace for 30 more penalties vs. 2018 and far too many are the shoot-yourselves-in-the-foot variety.

I think way more 12 personnel is the way for them to go at this point. One, if there's just no time for deeper routes to develop then throw to Everett and Higbee 15 times per game. Two, 12 personnel offers the best chance to remain balanced and keep defenses guessing, especially since Everett has the ability to shift out wide.

I don't know the extent of Allen and Havenstein's injuries and hopefully both are OK, but a few things on the OL. I liked that they flipped Blythe and Edwards. They ran better over the right side than they had previously. Also, Blythe is viable at center and maybe just the way to go at this point. While they're still 'in the hunt' it will soon be time to start some "2020 tryouts" along the OL to have a better sense of what they do and do not have. Meaning see where Edwards is most comfortable, giving Evans some playing time, trying Corbett at a couple spots, etc.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

I'm going to say 9-7...

LMU93161November 11, 2019 04:39AM