Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: The handling of Gurley and Goff's...

November 11, 2019 05:15AM
ramsfaninmd
...major, major, major regression are so infuriating.

My gosh, either play Gurley until he cannot play any more due to his arthritic knee or don't. .

I know people are angry after a tough loss and things get said.

But what you are proposing is, wear Gurley out so that he is useless as a player BUT you can't cut him until after 2020 without taking a huge cap hit. You're proposing that as being smarter than playing him in rotation with another back---something teams do all the time?

Plus imagine that press conference. Why isn't Gurley playing? Oh we decided to ruin his knee permanently.

In terms of Goff's "regression"--that's what happens to any qb whose OL gets so beat up it can't protect against a top front 7. The two exceptions I have seen are Brady and Wilson. But even then they get got. The Patz OL was a mess in 2015 and they did okay because of Brady until the Denver playoff game. In that game Brady was 27 of 56 with a qb rating of 56.4. And remember the Rams game in Seattle in 2017, the one with Wilson throwing backwards in Donald's grasp? He was awful that game (completing 14 of 30). And yet as I said, Wilson is one of the only qbs who can still play decently behind a beat up OL--and still, they got to him that game.

Break the OL and with a handful of exceptions the qb goes down with it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/11/2019 05:18AM by zn.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

The handling of Gurley and Goff's...

ramsfaninmd301November 11, 2019 04:27AM

But its the rotation!

3030113November 11, 2019 04:35AM

Re: The handling of Gurley and Goff's...

zn85November 11, 2019 05:15AM

Put pressure on Brady and he's a sitting duck

NewMexicoRam76November 11, 2019 05:19AM