Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

London Game

October 30, 2019 11:31AM
Thought I would post a quick topic on the London game with some photos.

It was an early start as I decided to fly down to London on Sunday morning rather than staying an extra night in London, by the time I got round to looking at hotels, many around Wembley were full and those that weren't were charging top dollar. Anyway, I decided to travel down on Sunday morning and then stay Sunday night. The day got off to a bad start when the flight was delayed by 20 minutes due to high winds making boarding difficult. Then as we taxied towards the runway we got the last thing you want to hear from the pilot - "Ladies and Gentleman, I'm not going to lie to you, there is very high winds so the flight is going to be very rough for the first 20 minutes" - and he wasn't lying. Then, being late into London, we had to wait 20 minutes for a stand to come free, so now I was already 40 minutes late and the tail gate was already open. I read that it would take over an hour to get from Heathrow to Wembley by the underground so I decided to bite the bullet and get a taxi, after all, how much could it cost. The answer, a lot, £75 that hurt.

I checked into the hotel and then straight out to the tail gate. Man it was packed, over 30,000 people turned up at the tail gate and the queues were horrendous. I was in a queue for 20 minutes for a burger and the queue for the NFL Shop was ridiculous. I quickly abandoned that queue and went to the stage to catch the end of Torry Holts talk. Unfortunately I had already missed Osi Umenyiora and Jason Bell who are very popular in the UK.

Next it was time to head to the stadium to see the warm ups. Turns out I had really good seats, close to the end zone. First Goff and Bortles came out and started warming up right in front of us. Then Goff moved out towards the half way and on came Gurley, Henderson and Kelly to warm up right infront of us, then on came the D and AD himself came on and warmed up in our corner. What a boost, the big three all right in front of us. Unfortunately Ramsey stayed out at the half way but Goff, Gurley and Donald was more than I could have wished for.

I really enjoyed the game, I know the second half kind of fizzled out but I think the jet lag was a major factor in that. The first half though was great and those throws to Kupp were amazing and that double reverse, what can I say even the Bengal fans were on their feat. The Gurley TD was right in front of us but unfortunately he threw the ball into the next section. Incidentally, Gurley's brother was seated just a few rows in front of us. Overall I thought we had a good game, Bengals were never really a threat and I don't think any Rams players played poorly. Obviously Goff, Kupp, Fowler and Hill had good games but I was also impressed by Reynolds and Obo. Brockers also stood out in the first half and made some good tackles.

Now we just have to have a good bye, get fit and push on for the second half of the season. Its definitely going to be difficult but I still think we can make a wildcard spot and hopefully if we can go on a run, who knows where it will end!

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

London Game Attachments

Scottish Ram711October 30, 2019 11:31AM

Re: London Game

Hazlet Hacksaw237October 30, 2019 11:42AM

Scottish Ram212October 30, 2019 11:45AM

Rampage2K-187October 30, 2019 07:41PM

Bring the wife

RamUK167October 31, 2019 02:22PM

Re: Bring the wife