Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

What I have not seen covered is how Ramsey...

October 16, 2019 07:30AM
....was a move for the long term, not just 2019. I understand the risk of him playing this year and next year and not signing a long term deal and the disaster of the picks given up for 1.6 seasons of him, but you gotta think his agent and Rams brass are talking parameters of a new deal.

I get he does not address the woeful OL, and yes, they could have drafted a OT in the first round next year or 2021 and now they would have to wait until later rounds and OT's that are studs do not grow on third round trees, but this was a philosophical decision to rid themselves of a CB who did not fit their scheme (and they only paid him $5-6mm for 1.4 seasons and realized he is not a fit for Uncle Wade's man to man that is very successful) and got a generational talent. I personally think Peters lack of discipline and his pathetic tackling technique was too much for them to take.

Of course Ramsey could be a huge headache/mistake and it is a huge gamble, but the Rams think get a generational CB when you can...

We shall see, but every comment I read about desperation, etc. does not see the long term ramifications of this deal...bottom line is if he continues to play like he did for JAX, he is well worth two mid to late round first rounders and a huge deal in today's pass heavy NFL...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/16/2019 07:31AM by ramsfaninmd.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

What I have not seen covered is how Ramsey...

ramsfaninmd575October 16, 2019 07:30AM

well said

ferragamo79249October 16, 2019 07:33AM

Re: What I have not seen covered is how Ramsey...

Tony Romas456October 16, 2019 07:38AM

Re: I've been slowly, slooooooowly coming around on this deal...

dzrams225October 16, 2019 07:46AM

---Long term: highest paid CB ever

Steve194October 16, 2019 09:49AM