Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: ---Rams needs this one---could they go 8-2 or 9-1 to finish season?

October 10, 2019 08:19AM
Steve
ZN, you know I dig your intelligence, so I challenge you to respond to specifics about the team below:

If the Rams lose (to be 3-3) this would represent the Rams having a major malfunction---not in losing games, but in not being able to use they talent the have (coaching) and not making enough plays (O not doing enough bec O line play is bad). Yes, they could win 8 out of 9, and then the finale might be for the division title...of course that is possible---but HIGHLY unlikely because a 3-3 start means there is something drastically wrong in the first place for a roster as deeply talented as the Rams.

The 0-3 2002 Rams could have won 13 in a row, too; but the 2002 team's 0-3 start is very similar to what would be a 2019 start of 3-3. Every player is just a little off in their play because they as a whole teams are all rubbing off and affecting one another's performance...So, who is playing well for the Rams? (the 3 WRs and 2 TEs--- and that is it).
AD might be playing pretty well, but overall, I haven't seen that help the defense become 'good'....they are average, maybe.

The 2002 Rams lost to all playoff level teams in those first 3 games, but then they lost to the pititful cowboys in the 5th game.....oh but, they could have won 11 in a row....ya, right. We lied to ourselves in 2002, and 2019 is the same if you believe 3-3 could end in 11-5 or 12-4.

Reality:
O line
O lines often get better with cohesion---that is, after 6-7 games...so, I expect some increase. But this is not a top 20 line, maybe jumping up to top 10 by the playoffs....this is a #30 O line, and not one of them is playing even average. So, how do they make a big enough jump so Goff can go 9-1 (or even 8-2).....yes it is Goff who will take us there, not C Kupp.

QB
Still See Goff ending up like Brees in 10+ years. McVay will ensure that via O line play, just like Sean Payton did.
But, for now, he is far away from being a guy who is gonna get us 8-2...if he can't win this one. QBs win the games, piggybacked upon a good line with WRs getting some wins. Goff can't do this without a top 12 line (or so) line.

He has to be the man against the 49ers because J Noteboom and my fav Hav aren't.
By the way, Brees, Brady or Dakky can't win either (with a #30 O line).

And, maybe the line gets to the '12th' best-line level...but who believes that?? ZN, do you believe that?
I will have to say, Goff is putting up some points, but the Rams are NOT controlling games like in 2017-2018....huge negative difference. YOu can't go 8-2 or 9-1 without controlling games from start to finish (Pats included).

Defense
What about our defense tells you they can rip off a 8-2 or 9-1 run?? Really--no cut and paste stuff, give me evidence through your knowledge of the 2019 Rams that appears 'real'.

As I see it,Corners are mediocre (compliment). SJD looks good, and he will get better (Gaines,too!); Littlelton and Fowler are good; AD is very good. No one else is doing anything. Weddle may lose his legs. What tells you we can go 8-2 if we lose to SF? Really, I want to know your perceptions...not just writing to write.

If we beat SF, which I expect, it will be because the O line steps up, Goff does his thing and the rest floooows. Then the D has to play well enough to show that they won't be dominated. IF thse things don't t happen it is probably because the Rams are just a .500 team (3-3). The 2002 Rams at 0-4 (archuleta) said they could still "run the table"....I beleived them. But, those things are total lies.....this team looks just like the 2002 Rams to me.

None of that is relevant to my comment.

My comment was simply that a team can still win after going 3-3.

That's it. That was my only point.

I didn't say it was good to go 3-3 etc or any of the things you're debating.

Just, only this---a team can go 3-3 and still have a winning season. There's nothing to debate there, it's just true.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2019 08:22AM by zn.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

McGlinchy out

Steve450October 09, 2019 10:24PM

Re: McGlinchy out

zn167October 10, 2019 04:17AM

max190October 10, 2019 04:34AM

---Rams needs this one---could they go 8-2 or 9-1 to finish season?

Steve126October 10, 2019 07:37AM

like to see them pick up a player or 2 at deadline

ferragamo79106October 10, 2019 07:46AM

zn187October 10, 2019 08:19AM

max90October 10, 2019 08:55AM

Zn: yes, and :)

Steve92October 10, 2019 08:56AM

Re: Zn: yes, and :)

zn120October 10, 2019 12:02PM

Steve133October 10, 2019 09:09AM