Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Second effort

September 21, 2019 05:36AM
There were plenty of things to admire about the last game

But the remarkable second efforts by these guys are worth noting

Weddle, and Johnson right from the start.

Malcolm Brown (exceptional)

Robert Woods on a 2nd and 20. Somehow Goff squeezes a pass by a defender who has completely read the play, and Woods manages to weasel his way through bodies, and then single hand to ground, and launching body to move the chains. COME ON. Love that guy.

Same drive. Goff extends the play with his feet, drools a ball to Everett, who gives the classic TE second effort with a mound of Black and Gold trying to deal with him.

Same drive. Gurley with the pitch left, and the race to the pylon. There's just a ton to admire there, but Gurley is really at the top of list for second effort.

and of course Kupp. That TD, that wasn't a TD, was entirely the encapsulation of second effort.

Credit Goff. As noted, he delivered a ball to Woods and knew he was about to be blown up for that effort. But that's what a QB does. Make the play; take the hit.

Rapp, getting a lot of reps, and sticking with his guy; stabs a ball away.
NRC making a sweet run stop on pure extra effort in the middle of that line. Crazy for pint size to go in there a make that play.
Even Natson found redemption with a key return.

You know.....I thought the bomb to Cooks really showed extra effort. The ball was laid out well in front of him, and he had to open the carburetor, ignite the nitro, and go get that thing. The near field cameras didn't really do a great job of revealing just how much went into to that play by Brandin.

All in all. Superior effort made for some high entertainment.

One sour note
Only pass I would have liked to see Goff working on was the miss to Kupp after the Noteboom penalty. I've seen him hit that. Credit some to the DB on Kupp. We'll have to have him make that play as the season progresses. He did thread the needle to Kupp on one play, and have to celebrate that kind of play when you see them.

BTW, the officials were my friends. I couldn't complain about a lot of the stuff that went against us, because we got so many calls go our way. Nonetheless, the flag on Noteboom looked pretty cheeky.

If they continue this trend of second effort, every Sunday will be rough go for the opposition.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Second effort

leafnose535September 21, 2019 05:36AM

Shows an inner hunger to me.....

roman18228September 21, 2019 05:51AM

Excellent observations. And those 2nd efforts are the joy of the game for me. nm.

Saguaro229September 21, 2019 06:49AM

Yup, me too...

JamesJM202September 21, 2019 07:48AM

me too, Sag....

SunTzu_vs_Camus170September 21, 2019 09:16AM

Watch Robert Woods Blocking For Kupp.....Again!

Crazylegs185September 21, 2019 08:41AM

Good stuff Leafnose

stlramz183September 21, 2019 10:11AM

Re: Penalties going our way

merlin193September 21, 2019 10:28AM