Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Who are the most important guys the Rams must re-sign?

September 19, 2019 05:57AM
We should separate these players into two categories. One being those who will become UFA’s this next offseason and those who will become UFA’s down the road.

JJ and Kupp are clearly gonna be extended, but that will come in due time.

Here’s my take on the Ram futures of those players coming up this next offseason:

Littleton is highly likely to be extended IF he doesn’t try to break the bank. He’s so versatile and fits Wade’s D almost perfectly. Already looks like a borderline Pro Bowler to me. But if Littleton makes unreasonable demands, then the Rams could very well choose to replace him via draft or FA. I make Littleton 90% to extend with the Rams.

Fowler could go either way, depending on how he finishes up this year. He’s off to a great start and if he can keep it up I think he’s a high priority for the Rams to extend. Not gonna be cheap, but I sense that he will give the Rams a hometown discount because he loves his teammates and coaches. I’m sure he bitterly remembers his Jaguar coaching experiences. I make Fowler 80-90% to extend with the Rams.

Peters could go either way, too. All depends on his play, his maturity, and his salary demands. Frankly, I make him only 40% to survive that gauntlet. Snead can find CB’s and this is reportedly a rich CB Draft.

Talib might just be willing to extend at a reasonable price. Probably depends on his level of play and his health. He loves these teammates and coaches, so there is that. If Talib extends, Peters is a goner. I make Talib 30-40% to extend and think that this works best for the Rams in their CB transition strategy.

I’m afraid that Brockers is gonna be a cap casualty just like Saffold was. I’ve always liked and respected Brockers, but what choice will the Rams have, considering all the other mouths they have to feed? I make Brockers only 10% to extend with the Rams. Sorry.

Blythe looks like a probable goner to me. He’s not all that special as a RG and therefore will be another cap casualty. Kromer will get another OL in the draft to redshirt for the future and keep the pipeline full. I make Blythe virtually zero% to extend here.

Zuerlein will be extended. He’s a vital cog in our ST unit and I think that his demands will be reasonable. I make GZ virtually 100% to be extended.

Those are the biggies, I think. Time will tell on the Ram futures of Fowler, Talib, and Peters.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Who are the most important guys the Rams must re-sign?

RockRam483September 19, 2019 03:44AM

CraigMatson146September 19, 2019 04:02AM

LMU93136September 19, 2019 05:00AM

zn175September 19, 2019 05:05AM

LMU93101September 19, 2019 05:07AM

AlbaNY_Ram127September 19, 2019 05:24AM

Rams43143September 19, 2019 05:57AM

LMU9399September 19, 2019 06:35AM

CraigMatson115September 19, 2019 07:34AM

Classicalwit114September 19, 2019 07:04AM

Charles Jefferson?

21Dog112September 19, 2019 12:05PM

Re: Charles Jefferson?

LMU9390September 20, 2019 05:05AM

love that scene

ferragamo7994September 20, 2019 06:44AM

Kupp and JJ for sure

ferragamo7966September 20, 2019 06:41AM