Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Eric Weddle: Rams 'have a chance to be special' on defense

July 18, 2019 03:36PM

By:Cameron DaSilva

There are very few questions about the Los Angeles Rams offense heading into this season after two straight years of finishing in the top two of points scored. The defense, however, has lagged behind. It’s still been a respectable unit, but 19th in yards allowed the last two seasons fell way below expectations.

There’s once again reason for optimism with L.A.’s defense in 2019, given the additions of Eric Weddle and Clay Matthews, and the return of key players across all three levels. Aaron Donald said this offseason that the defense can be special, which is a sentiment Weddle agrees with.

Weddle shared his optimism on NFL Network recently, saying the defense has high hopes.

“Just continue to strive to be the best and push the guys and earn my role and spot on this team, and go out there and lead this defense. We have a chance to be special on defense with the pieces that we have,” he said. “There’s a lot to be excited about and I’m just going to fit right in, do my job and win a bunch of ball games.”

Weddle centered his case around Donald, who he’s excited to play alongside.

”Obviously starting with AD, one of the best players in the NFL at all positions and now being able to scheme up and do things to help him to give him an advantage even more so to let him wreak havoc,” Weddle added. “He’s an amazing talent, he’s an amazing person the way he works every day. There’s a reason he’s the best player in the league.”

Go to Full Article--
[theramswire.usatoday.com]
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

RamBill331July 18, 2019 03:36PM