Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

About the projected 2019 Ram O and D...

June 30, 2019 10:02AM
Been thinking about this and here’s the way I see both, in general...

First, the D which is the unit that has been improved the most, I think.

At Edge we have the ascending Fowler on one side and in a contract year. On the other side we will have a rotation of Matthews, Ebu, possibly Obo after his red shirt/ injured year. Maybe a surprise player will emerge, as well. Overall, an improvement on both edges, I think.

Suh’s departure creates an opportunity for Gaines and/or Joseph-Day. Both youngsters bring energy and desire, something that the “regular season” Suh sorely lacked. I honestly see a net improvement here in run D.

Speaking of run D, Kiser seems like an upgrade on first 2 downs over the departed Barron.

In nickel and dime, Wade now has more options than before. Rapp and Long now join the impressive secondary of Talib, Peters, NRC, Weddle, and JJ. Damn! The package combinations are almost endless, now. And how valuable is the proper usage of Peters for all 16 games?

This could be a top 5 scoring D, y’all. Maybe even better.

As to the O?

A healthy Kupp is expected back. ‘Nuff said.

Henderson is a plus, no matter how one slices it.

Goff is reportedly improving on his reads and progression speed. He’s improved every year since HS, sooooo...

Allen is probably a slight upgrade over the late season Sully. And Allen is only gonna grow from there.

The departed Saffold leaves some big shoes to fill, but Boom sure looks like a capable replacement. Not an upgrade, but not a significant downgrade, either. I see Boom as our starting LOT in ‘20. That’s how highly I regard him.

Everett was the star in OTA;s and the one day of mini-camp. So, I see an upgrade at TE for this year.

Also, I’m feeling good about our depth at OL. Heck, I see 2-3 potential future starters there for ‘20 and beyond in Demby, Evans, and Edwards unless Kromer has lost his touch.

Last, but not least, I’m convinced that McVay has grown from that SB lesson and will be back with antidotes for the Ram O struggles vs the Bears, Eagles, and Patriots.

In short, I foresee an improved Ram team on both sides of the ball this year over that impressive 13-3 team last year.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

About the projected 2019 Ram O and D...

Rams43469June 30, 2019 10:02AM

Better by the end of the season

RamsFanSince69274June 30, 2019 10:21AM

About the projected 2019 Ram O and D. "Perspective"

Anonymous User277June 30, 2019 10:25AM

The thing we are missing IMO......

roman18275June 30, 2019 10:39AM

Re: The thing we are missing IMO......

LMU93178July 01, 2019 03:52AM

Re: About the projected 2019 Ram O and D...

AlbaNY_Ram246June 30, 2019 11:05AM

I always kinda thought that Suh.....

roman18150July 01, 2019 07:24AM