Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Rams GM Les Snead has creative way to reinvent NFL preseason

May 20, 2019 04:47AM

Rams general manager Les Snead agrees with that sentiment and even went a step further when discussing how to improve the preseason. Peter King of NBC Sports asked Snead (and several others) how they would change the NFL, and the Rams GM wants to remake the preseason.

My long-term thought is to reduce the preseason from four to two games, one home and one away. But don’t waste the rest of August. I would add a scrimmage with another team at a neutral site that loves football—and slot that scrimmage the same week that now would be used for the first full preseason weekend, the week after the Hall of Fame Game. We could take the NFL on the road to towns in America that support the NFL on Thursdays, Sundays and Mondays by watching us. Play those scrimmages in great high school stadiums, college stadiums or minor-league baseball stadiums. It’s a chance to give back and invest in our dedicated fans who support us even though they might be in a place that’s not close to an NFL franchise city. Wouldn’t it be fun to see Carson Wentz and the Eagles scrimmage the Vikings somewhere in North Dakota? Or the Seahawks and Texans scrimmaging in Madison, Wis., where Russell Wilson and J.J. Watt played? Good work for the teams, and very beneficial for the fans. And wouldn’t Carson Wentz always remember the time his professional team played in the state he grew up?

Go to Full Article--
[theramswire.usatoday.com]
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

RamBill530May 20, 2019 04:47AM

Re: Rams GM Les Snead has creative way to reinvent NFL preseason

Rams43210May 20, 2019 07:01AM

Sounds good to me

BC Ramsfan236May 20, 2019 07:24AM

my feelings

21Dog122May 20, 2019 03:22PM

18 games...no thank you.

jemach156May 21, 2019 03:42AM

FMIA: Smart NFL people share 25 ways to make Pro Football better...

Rams43211May 20, 2019 07:38AM

love Snead's idea

LMU93146May 20, 2019 08:58AM