May 14, 2019 07:34AM
As we know CJ was released by Denver 2017. He was a Panther, Raider, and Ram in 2018. It would be awful to lose a 4th over him being out of shape.

Adding two 4th rounders to this Free Agency Class of Fowler, Weddle, Bortles, and Matthews helps tremendously given the way the Rams approach the draft.

[theramswire.usatoday.com]
With baby due in April, C.J. Anderson has put on 'man pregnancy weight'
By: Cameron DaSilva | January 15, 2019 10:59 am ET

With conference-championship weekend on the horizon, there’s no shortage of star power in either of the two games. There’s the reigning Offensive and Defensive Players of the Year in Todd Gurley and Aaron Donald, the two MVP front-runners in Patrick Mahomes and Drew Brees, and the quarterback with the most Super Bowl rings all-time, Tom Brady.

Yet, as many big names as there are, C.J. Anderson has thrust himself into the middle of it all with three consecutive 100-yard performances for the Rams. He had more carries, yards and touchdowns than Gurley in Saturday’s win over Dallas despite being the lesser-known running back.

His build and skill set are far different than Gurley’s, but he makes it work – all while being what he considers 10 pounds overweight. On the Dan Patrick Show Tuesday, Anderson said the upcoming birth of his child has caused him to put on some pounds.

“Right now, I’m 5-8, about 235. So I’m about 10 pounds over what I am. I’ve got a baby due in April – got a daughter due in April, so I’m kind of having that man pregnancy weight,” Anderson said, laughing.

When Anderson was ripping off 5-yard run after 5-yard run against the Cowboys, culminating in a 123-yard performance, Twitter was having a field day. Fans and media members were marveling at Anderson’s running style and the success he was having.

Some were also joking about his body style, being one of the shorter and stockier running backs in the league, often compared to Mike Tolbert. Anderson doesn’t mind the jokes, considering he’s having plenty of success despite not looking like most other NFL players.

“Everybody has the jokes of what I weigh or how I look or how I’m built. At the end of the day, I feel like I’m moving deceptively. I feel like I’m trying to put myself in the best positions,” Anderson said. “Obviously next year, with an offseason when you can train and work off some things that you were doing – at one point I was where I was supposed to be. And then after being released from Oakland, thought the year was over, so I actually shut myself down definitely thinking the year was over. Obviously that didn’t happen, but obviously I’m good enough to play, so that’s fine.”

It’s impossible not to root for Anderson, who’s come in and had nothing but success for the Rams this season. After being released by the Broncos, Panthers and Raiders, there’d be no better way to get the last laugh than winning a Super Bowl.

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Rams projected to receive 2 compensatory picks in 2020 NFL draft

RamBill599May 13, 2019 04:08PM

Re: Rams projected to receive 2 compensatory picks in 2020 NFL draft

LMU93230May 14, 2019 03:03AM

Hopefully C.J. Anderson can avoid getting cut

Rams Junkie282May 14, 2019 07:34AM

I'm sure the Rams are disappointed that Suh waited so long

LBRamsFan219May 14, 2019 08:42AM

I'm not certain Suh was the holdup...

jemach221May 14, 2019 09:36AM

Clearly he was asking for more than teams were willing to spend

LBRamsFan213May 14, 2019 09:40AM

I don't think Suh plays for less than he feels he's worth...

jemach192May 14, 2019 09:46AM

Re: I don't think Suh plays for less than he feels he's worth...

LBRamsFan196May 14, 2019 09:48AM

Re: I don't think Suh plays for less than he feels he's worth...

21Dog178May 14, 2019 08:12PM