Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Every team MUST have spies on other teams...

April 28, 2019 06:45AM
SunTzu_vs_Camus
I know it's crazy, but it just seems so weird that we trade down, trade down, trade down...gathering what 4-5 3rd rounders?!...
then, we trade back up to draft a guy we coulda drafted if we stayed put and saved a pick in doin so. I was just frustrated with moving down then giving up so much draft capital to move back up....crazy!!

Reporters are NOT asking that question after the draft...how do teams know when to jump up and in front of whom - to draft a player that, otherwise, looks like they're happy to wait to come to them AFTER a trade down. I know Snead could never say he had inside help....but he could wink/nod and say relationships are very strong in the NFL or something. i mean, it must be an open secret in the NFL...this issue.

No team complains cuz every team must do it....and benefit. .....just interesting to me , I guess.

I don't know about spies but every Fortune 500 company I am familiar with has a unit that keeps tabs on their competition. I was thinking it has to be the same in the NFL except it's other teams. Look at what a great job Deadpool and Aylo and others here do on assessing our needs. And then scouting and studying who we have been talking to and what our coaches have been saying and tweeting and what prospects have been saying and tweeting. Imagine if they were doing that full time for not just the Rams, but all the teams. In fact I bet they build a board for every team.

So then the draft is unfolding you have a pretty good idea that Team X is going to take a RB and they have targeted 3 with their pick and you want one of the 3. Or even the same 3. 2 are gone and their pick is coming up and you know if you want that RB you have to get ahead of them. And whoever you are trying to trade with knows how much you want it. So they charge you just enough to make a good deal for themselves and not tick you off so you'll never trade with them again.

Probably too long of my attempt of an answer, but I think there's enough info out there to build a pretty good file and a board on every team without having to bribe the janitor, sleep with one of the secretaries or put a listening device on the dog to get info.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Every team MUST have spies on other teams...

SunTzu_vs_Camus658April 28, 2019 06:08AM

Rams43295April 28, 2019 06:33AM

I don't mean spies in the literal sense...just the flow of the draft...

SunTzu_vs_Camus231April 28, 2019 09:30AM

Rampage2K-225April 28, 2019 10:37AM

Ramadune290April 28, 2019 06:45AM

David Deacon245April 28, 2019 09:24AM

I'm sure there is some "intel" passed along the way...

jemach224April 28, 2019 11:16AM

Someone could make (or is making?) literally millions of dollars with "big data"

EternalHorns338April 28, 2019 01:49PM

exactly, it was pure hyperbole to call them spies for effect....

SunTzu_vs_Camus220April 28, 2019 06:49PM