Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Right now talent wise, its Wilkins

April 23, 2019 09:03AM
Wilkins, to me, was just more consistent from game to game, and maybe its because I saw a ton of Clemson games and only a couple of Miss. St games. Wilkins right now is more NFL ready for stopping the run. I think Simmons is more is a tick better rushing the QB. But he has a ways to go toward being a dominant run stopper.

Wilkins to me is a high floor, decent ceiling guy. He's a high character, high locker room presence that will work hard, and with a NFL weight room should get better. Clemson moved him around a ton as well, so putting him in 1 spot and letting him go is the way to maximize his damage.

Simmons to me has some bust potential (which has nothing to do with how he is rated ) simply based on his ACL injury (you just never know) and his best trait is his explosive penetration, if that is hampered in any way, he loses his best trait and becomes a 3rd or 4th round run of the mill rotation DT. But if he gets healthy (as he should) he does have a higher ceiling then Wilkins IMO.

Simmons stat line was 63 tkl, 18 tfl 2 sacks
Wilkins stat line was 51 tkl 14 tfl 5.5 sacks

Those numbers indicate Wilkins is the better pass rusher, but in reality Simmons stat line show a better penetrator with little to no help, where Wilkins did have Big Dex taking up the slack inside and Ferrell commanding attn on the outside.

Don't waste your time looking back, you're not going that way. - Ragnar Lothbrok
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Deadpool's Top 10 List by Position - Defense - updated with Tillery

Deadpool463April 22, 2019 08:56AM

Re: Deadpool's Top 10 List by Position - Defense - updated with Tillery

no name181April 23, 2019 08:29AM

Right now talent wise, its Wilkins

Deadpool209April 23, 2019 09:03AM

Re: Right now talent wise, its Wilkins

no name123April 23, 2019 05:31PM

Re: I like Tillery at # 31.....

oldschoolramfan163April 23, 2019 09:03AM

OLB/DE Rashan Gary has shoulder injury