Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Deadpool's Top 10 By Position List - Offense

April 11, 2019 09:59AM
These are my final positional rankings. Some of these guys (especially the LBers) could end up on 2 or 3 lists. I put them where I personally like them the best.

I put this is in a separate post from my Big Board to make it easier to ask and answer questions, but if the admins want to join them, I do not care.

I will put my own thoughts under each position as far as depth and what I think of some of the prospects.

The # in the parenthesis is the overall rank of the player in regards to the big board.

This is not a projective list. I am not projecting where players will get picked. I am scoring players and then sorting them high score to low score, tiebreakers go to my personal feeling.

QB:

1. (29) Kyler Murray - QB - Oklahoma - 5'-10" 207 lbs. - Ok in the accuracy dept., he is a playmaker with a fantastic arm and good mechanics, elite level athlete, his size scares the heck out of me, 1 year starter.

2 (50) Daniel Jones - QB - Duke - 6'-5" 221 lbs. - NFL size, great mechanics, enough arm to make all the throws and real good short and intermediate accuracy. A plus athlete. Came from a play action offense so his learning curve is small.

3 (57) Dwayne Haskins - QB - Ohio State - 6'-3" 231 lbs. - NFL size, a good arm, overall good accuracy. Mechanics are a mess and will need to be retooled from the floor up. 1 year starter that needs time.

4. (59) Drew Lock - QB - Missouri - 6'-4" 228 lbs. - Prototypical size and big arm, plays with some swagger (some like some don't, I don't), OK mechanically and ok as an athlete. Most experience amongst the top tier of QBs.

5. (84) Will Grier - QB - West Virginia - 6'-3" 217 lbs. - A gunslinger, good, not great arm. good mobility, plays fearlessly, good accuracy, needs to clean up some mechanical things and take care of the ball better.

6. (94) Clayton Thorson - QB - Northwestern - 6'-4" 222 lbs. - Good arm strength, ability to read the field, moves around ok, accuracy is off and on, solid mechanics. Good size for the position.

7. (114) Kyle Shurmur - QB - Vanderbilt - 6'-4" 230 lbs. - great size for the position, good arm, comes from a play action, under center offense so learning curve will be smaller, erratic with accuracy.

8. (124) Brett Rypien - QB - Boise State - 6'-2" 210 lbs. - Accurate with good mechanics from the ground up, won't wow you with athleticism but isn't a statue either, plays under control, lacking a bit of arm strength.

9. (166) Ryan Finley - QB - NC State - 6'-4" 213 lbs. - in a word: OK. Ok arm strength, OK accuracy, OK mechanics, OK athleticism.

10. (176) Jordan Ta'amu - QB - Mississippi - 6'-3" 221 lbs. - Can make throws to every level of the field and do so with accuracy, plus athleticism, good mechanics, needs time to be developed in a NFL offense.

This list is bad, Murray has a serious boom/bust feel to him, otherwise you have a bunch of guys that for the most part need work to even be a capable backup. When Drew Cutler...l mean Drew Lock is your 4th best QB, its a bad list. I would take Ta'amu late over any of the top 4 guys. Talent is just not that much different, so better value. Same with Rypien.

RB:

1. (30) Joshua Jacobs - RB - Alabama - 5'-10" 220 lbs. - Great vision and enough juice to play inside and enough power to grind inside. Good pass catcher. Lacks a HR gear. Plenty of tread left on the tires from low usage at Alabama.

2. (44) Damien Harris - RB - Alabama - 5'-10" 216 lbs. - More of a power back, but is a smooth mover that can catch the football. Good vision and an ability to bounce it outside.

3. (60) David Montgomery - RB - Iowa State - 5'-10" 222 lbs. - Not bursty, but his balance/ footwork is great, size for a #1 back, can catch and block on 3rd down, power back.

4. (68) Devin Singletary - RB- FAU - 5'-7" 203 lbs. - Great vision, jitter bug in his movement, didn't catch much in college. Always looking to hit the big one.

5. (73) Miles Sanders - RB - Penn State - 5'-11" 211 lbs. - bell cow size and a nice blend of power and good footwork, 1 year starter behind Barkley, good pass catcher, lead all RBs with 4 fumbles lost last year.

6. (86) Devine Ozigbo - RB - Nebraska - 5'-11" 222 lbs. - He's got a nice power/ speed combo that you can't teach, runs hard and has some explosion to him, good pass catcher, only 1 real year of production.

7. (89) Elijah Holyfield - RB - Georgia - 5'-10" 217 lbs. - Not c=going to be mistaken for a HR threat, but light on his feet and good vision, a thumper. Now mileage, not used to catch passes.

8. (101) Darrell Henderson - RB - Memphis - 5'-8" 208 lbs. - Slippery in space with HR speed, didn't catch a ton of passes, doesn't carry the size to consistantly run between the tackles, but is willing.

9. (104) Myles Gaskin - RB - Washington - 5'-9" 205 lbs. - Operates well in space. Good pass catcher, can work inside and out. A lot of touches.

10. (110) Benny Snell - RB - Kentucky - 5'-10" 224 lbs. - a power back that works smoothly from the inside out. Has enough wiggle to make you miss and enough strength to run you over. Good in pass pro. lacks HR speed.

Notes on RB prospects: No real big dogs like Barkley, Eliott, Gurley etc. Solid group and 2 of my personal favs didn't make the top 10 in Bruce Anderson and Justice Hill. There are a ton of committee types and guys that will need to be put in the right system to be effective. Overall I like how my list shook out, even though I think I am high on Harris and Montgomery and probably low on Sanders and Henderson.

WR:

1. (6) D.K. Metcalf - WR -Mississippi - 6'-3" 228 lbs. - a size/speed/strength trifecta. Plays like an alpha, his explosiveness combined with his size is just too much for most CBs to handle. His physicality makes press man a bad idea, allowing him even more cushion.

2. (17) K'Neal Harry - WR - Arizona State - 6'-2" 228 lbs. - another big, strong WR. Great straightline speed, a bit tight creating some seperation issues, but overcomes with size and clamp like hands. Tough runner after the catch. Would work wonderfully in a vertical offense and in the redzone in any offense.

3. (25) AJ Brown - WR - Mississippi - 6'-1" 226 lbs. -Another strong, athletic WR that is slippery in the open field. I like him in the slot, but you can move him around. Good, not great speed.

4. (41) Deebo Samuel - WR - South Carolina - 5'-11" 214 lbs. - Good hands, excellent route runner with a well oiled frame, and you have a slot WR that you can do a bunch of things with.

5. (43) Kelvin Harmon - WR - NC State - 6'-3" 221 lbs. -Another over the top vertical threat that plays with a bit of an edge to him. Not an all world athlete, but enough combined with his release and route running to create enough separation.

6. (45) Marquise Brown - WR - Oklahoma - 5'-9" 166 lbs. -a HR hitter that is quick, fast and hard to get your hands on. A threat to house it every time he touches the ball. Big question: can that frame handle NFL abuse?

7. (55) Hakeem Butler - WR - Iowa State- 6'-5" 227 lbs. - Yet another size/strength/long speed trifecta. For a big guy he runs good routes, but his money is deep along the boundry, back shoulders and redzone catches. Tough to bring down 1 on 1.

8. (63) Riley Ridley - WR - Georgia - 6'-1" 199 lbs. - dynamic WR that is a good route runner that maintains speed in and out of his breaks, fluid athlete and has that #1 wr attitude.

9. (67) Parris Campbell - WR - Ohio State - 6'-0" 205 lbs. - Great speed, great athlete, route running and play strength need to improve. Get him the ball early and let him use that speed.

10. (81) JJ Arcega-Whiteside - WR - Stanford - 6'-2" 225 lbs. - A big possession reciever in the NFL that makes contested catch after contested catch. A chain mover and a redzone threat with good hands.

Notes on WR prospects: I like how this list turned out. I always favor bigger wideouts, so I may have Harry, Harmon, Butler and Arcega-Whiteside too high and Hollywood Brown too low. Overall this is a very deep list of prospects and I think you will see some very good talent pushed down into day 3.

TE:

1. (18) Noah Fant - TE - Iowa - 6'-4" 249 lbs. - Crazy athletic for a TE, combined with his route running and 4.5 speed, makes him a matchup problem. Run blocking improved this year. Can play in-line, flexed out or out of the backfield.

2. (26) T.J. Hockenson - TE - Iowa - 6'-5" 251 lbs. - your more traditional seam splitter with the ability to inline block. More athletic then your typical "big" TE. Decent speed, but not the HR hitter Fant is. he works in any offense.

3. (35) Irv Smith Jr. - TE- Alabama - 6'-2" 242 lbs. - measured smaller then I expected. A do it all TE that blocks well, can work the seam and has a bit of juice after the catch that makes him a tough matchup.

4. (47) Jace Sternberger - TE - Texas A&M - 6'-4" 251 lbs. - a free moving TE with very good hands and good speed. Won't be confused with Hockenson as a blocker, but hilds his own. A prototypical TE with only 1 year of production under his belt.

5. (78) Dax Raymond - TE - Utah State - 6'-5" 255 lbs. - another smooth mover with natural hands and will create problems for S/LBers down the middle of the field. Effort blocker.

6. (83) Dawson Knox - TE - Mississippi - 6'-4" 254 lbs. - NFL size with sneaky speed, under-used in a crowded pass catching group. Good hands with a bit of wiggle that makes him dangerous in the open field. Willing blocker.

7. (95) Kahale Warring - TE - San Diego State - 6'-5" 252 lbs. - High upside prospect that was late to football after being a water polo player. Good speed and great size/frame for a TE. His blocking is OK.

8. (103) Josh Oliver - TE - San Jose State - 6'-5" 249 lbs. - Good, not great speed, plays with some physicality to his game, athletic with a large catch radius makes him a tough matchup in hte seam before and after the catch. Blocking could use work.

9. (111) Isaac Nauta - TE - Georgia - 6'-3" 244 lbs. - He is a ferocious blocker and a load to bring down with the ball in his hands, but his athletic profile and 4.9 speed reinforces that he is more of a sit down in zones type of TE in the passing game.

10. (128) Kaden Smith - TE - Stanford - 6'-5" 255 lbs. - Soft, reliable hands and excellent size, doesn't win with speed or strength, relies on going over the top of defenders and highpointing balls or sitting down in a zone. Needs to add strength to be a better all around TE.

Notes on TE prospects: I like the TEs, nice blend of high end talent and depth. 1st break point is after Sternberger. I like how my list played out, I have a feeling I am way high on Raymond and Nuata and low on Kaden Smith. I have no idea why anyone thinks he is a top 3 round TE. And yes I am aware everyone on the planet has Hockenson #1.

OT:

1. (9) Jonah Williams - OT - Alabama - 6'-5" 302 lbs. - Strength, a good anchor and light on his feet. Has played RT and LT and would work inside. Good technique and plays under control.

2. (14) Andre Dillard - OT - Washington State - 6'-5" 315 lbs. - A highly athletic LT, light on his feet with a great mirror. Pass blocking is alot more advanced then run blocking simply due to WSUs offense. Needs to add some strength.

3. (19) Jawaan Taylor - OT - Florida - 6'-5" 312 lbs. - RT that outplayed his LT-mate. Strong, big and athletic, an easy mover with heavy hands. Technique is still a work in progress. Can he slide over to the left side?

4. (33) Dalton Risner - OT - Kansas State- 6'-5" 312 lbs. - Mauler, a strong, nasty mauler. RT that wants to finish you play after play. Experienced with good technique. 24 years old, so a bit older. man power scheme. I like him at RT, some may like him inside.

5. (51) David Edwards - OT -Wisconsin - 6'-6" 308 lbs. - Another strong, mobile OT from Wisconsin. RT or possibly RG, he is well coached but lags a bit behind because he is still transitioning from TE.

6. (58) Greg Little - OT - Mississippi - 6'-5" 310 lbs. - Has the size, agility and strength to be a high calibur LT, but yet he just is too inconsistant at this point in his development. I am not sure what is holding him back.

7. (62) Michael Deiter - OT - Wisconsin - 6'-5" 309 lbs. - He has played every line position, very athletic, with functional strength, and like every Wisc. OL, he has been well coached and has advanced technique.

8. (65) Yodny Cajuste - OT - West Virginia - 6'-5" 312 lbs. - He has power for days and is a smooth mover in space given his size. I think he works in a zone or man power blocking scheme.

9. (99) Kaleb McGary - OT - Washington - 6'-7" 317 lbs. - A mauler with plenty of size and experience. He isn't the most nible or athletic OL, but he gets the job done. Technique could use some cleaning up to get the most out of his skill set. Man power scheme fit.

10. (108) Tytus Howard - OT - Alabama State - 6'-5" 322 lbs. - quite the package of size, strength and athleticism. But he is raw. Sushi raw. He could work inside or out, in probably any scheme. I say probably because he is raw. Did I mention how raw he is?

Notes on OT prospects: Everyone has their own favorites, so the OTs will vary list by list. 1st break point is after Risner. Rams fans looking at OTs should look at: Dillard, Edwards, Little, Deiter, Cajuste and Howard. Overall I liked how this list shook out. One guy not on the list that Rams fans should think about, Bobby Evans - Oklahoma, he's an athletic LT that should be there in the 4th round and I like how he would fit on the roster.

IOL:

1. (16) Cody Ford - IOL - Oklahoma - 6'-4" 229 lbs.- played heavier than listed weight. Excellent athlete for his size and could play RT, power for days and a great anchor makes him impossible to move, oh and a mauling finisher.

2. (20) Garrett Bradbury - IOL - NC State - 6'-3" 306 lbs. - ultra-athletic for an OC, a technician, can anchor, high IQ. Always under control. Zone blocking scheme fit.

3. (22) Chris Lindstrom - IOL - Boston College - 6'-4" 308 lbs. - strong with a powerful lower half to anchor, moves very well and with good form, he plays to the whistle all game long. A no holes but not elite OG. Fits any scheme.

4. (36) Erik McCoy - IOL - Texas A&M - 6'-4" 303 lbs. - An OC/OG prospect with a nice blend of power and athleticism. plays under control with good technique. power or zone fit.

5. (66) Dru Samia - IOL - Oklahoma - 6'-5" 305 lbs. - Great athlete for a OG, that uses superior technique over power and plays to the whistle all day. perfect zone blocker.

6. (71) Elgton Jenkins - IOL - Mississippi State - 6'-5" 310 lbs. - OC that has good size and a nice blend of athletic ability and power. Neither will wow you, but he will work in any scheme.

7. (75) Ben Powers - IOL - Oklahoma - 6'-4" 307 lbs. - the power of the 2 Oklahoma OGs, plays controlled and just out works the guy across from him. Not the most fluid athlete. Power block scheme.

8. (87) Connor McGovern - IOL - Penn State - 6'-5" 308 lbs. - A nice blend of power and athleticism that is more fluid then one would expect. needs technique work and lunges at times, but has a nasty demeanor. G/C

9. (92) Nate Davis - IOL - Charlotte - 6'-3" 316 lbs. - Interesting blend of power and flexibility. G/T prospect that has to move inside due to lack of length. I think he works in power man or zone blocking schemes.

10. (121) Beau Benzschawel - IOL - Wisconsin - 6'-6" 309 lbs. - Not a smooth mover, but his forte is moving large bodies with his power. Technique needs some refining. OG in a power blocking scheme.

Notes on IOL prospects: 1st break point is after McCoy. ZBS (zone blocking scheme) fits for LA are: Bradbury, Lindstrom (he works in anything), McCoy, Samia, Jenkins, McGovern and Davis. Ford probably works because he is such an athlete, but his crazy power would be better utilized just hulk smashing people in a man power system. I liked how this list lined up top to bottom.

Don't waste your time looking back, you're not going that way. - Ragnar Lothbrok
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Deadpool's Top 10 By Position List - Offense

Deadpool670April 11, 2019 09:59AM

This is...

ramsfaninmd240April 11, 2019 10:04AM

ty sir

Deadpool170April 11, 2019 10:18AM

Re: Deadpool's Top 10 By Position List - Offense

Rams43183April 11, 2019 10:09AM

its out now

Deadpool166April 11, 2019 10:19AM

Re: Deadpool's Top 10 By Position List - Offense