Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I don't buy this idea that Noteboom is not built to play guard

March 24, 2019 09:37AM
In fact I have no idea where that view would come from. Now I don't know how good he will be yet, before seeing the results, but there are some things to consider. First, Kromer has a long and very successful history with starting guards. This was true in New Orleans and followed him to Chicago and Buffalo. There are guys who played very well under him at guard who were never as good before or since (Incognito in Buffalo, for example...best he ever played). He knows guards. And a few of his guards were converted tackles (Jahri Evans with the Saints, Long in Chicago).

I still can't say how good he will be, because we don't have any results in yet, BUT Kromer is a top OL coach and he has a long, very good track record with his guards especially.

And btw. He has pretty much the same dimensions as Saffold. Both are 6'5" and 320-something. He's virtually a natural replacement for RS.

IF he is a future left tackle then playing experience is good for him. I also don't buy the idea that being flexible in terms of the spots you play on the line puts you behind in some way. I don't see how sitting him instead of playing him improves him as a left OT, assuming LOT is in his future. And this again is one of those places where you defer to the coach. I don't always buy arguments where posters say what do you know you're not the coach. HOWEVER in this case, I will say that Aaron Kromer, top veteran OL coach, would know whether or not playing a future LOT at guard would help him or hurt him.

Heck before he moved to LOT, early in his career Whitworth played guard. He didn't move to LOT full time until his 4th year.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 03/24/2019 09:56AM by zn.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Wildflecken’s Random Thoughts on Rams Offseason Prior to Draft...

Rams43608March 24, 2019 05:09AM

Re: Wildflecken’s Random Thoughts on Rams Offseason Prior to Draft...

Steve215March 24, 2019 06:51AM

Re: Wildflecken’s Random Thoughts on Rams Offseason Prior to Draft...

David Deacon201March 24, 2019 08:46AM

I don't buy this idea that Noteboom is not built to play guard

zn211March 24, 2019 09:37AM

Re: +1....

dzrams171March 24, 2019 11:34AM

+1...

LMU93123March 24, 2019 01:38PM

Boom has nifty feet for a ZR scheme...where OL are agile...

SunTzu_vs_Camus91March 24, 2019 04:54PM