Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

You have the right names

March 24, 2019 09:57AM
SunTzu_vs_Camus
TE??? - Is TE so important to us that we have been running 3WRs as our base offense for two years now and have 4 very good WRs. Our 2nd round TE is playing okay, but TEs are not, generally, targeted in our offense and when they are...I think Everett & Higbbe are fine...with Everett more "explosive" than Higbee and has demonstrated that. I still think McVay is terribly disappointed with his TEs. I bet if you asked McVay after his first draft what he expected his starting lineup to be in a year, he would have said, 1 RB, 2 TEs and 2 WRs. And that isn't even close to fruition 2 years later. He can say what he wants to about how great his WRs block, his offense could really use a TE that at the very least forces defenses to respect the seam

RB??? - If we draft a RB, it'd have to be Josh Jacobs if he drops - which is doubtful. It would also mean Gurley is done if they draft a RB at #31. The Rams let him play sparingly while bringing Jacobs salong slowly....then eating TG's cap money. I'm not sure TG is that bad off...but he may be. The draft will tell us everything about TG. Yeah, you nailed this one. Josh Jacobs is 29th on my 250 player big board. And yeah, my big board is getting the final touches. He would work for what the Rams like in a RB. He can get to the edge (which is important in a wide zone running game) he has great vision, is a good pass catcherand can block in the passing game. He is not going to be a HR hitter. I think the only team that would draft him ahead of the Rams might be the Raiders and they very well could at 27. If the Rams spend a 1 or a 3 on a RB, Gurley's knees are officially shot.

WR??? - Ummmm. NO. WR is the strongest position on the team...why add more???...especially, wasting a 1st round pick on it. I actually could see a scenario where a Metcalf or Harry or even a Harmon or Butler could be added to give the Rams a much needed redzone threat. Do I think that happens? no. Would I be shocked if it happens? no

I think it's smoke - offensively speaking. We DO need an explosive EDGE rusher...but the article is only talking about the offense. I just don't see it.I tend to agree with you as far as smoke, I don't think an explosive edge rusher will be available at 31, so thats off the board. I could really see Fant as a target that would legitimately be available. But I think outside Wilkins or Simmons, I really think they are trying to get teams off the scent of their pursuit of a OL. McCoy, Bradbury and Dillard as their target(s).

TE might be the closest thing. But does Noah Fant, Smith, Hockenson that much more explosive than Everett? I dunno...cuz we don't target TEs that much. Perhaps, McVay wants to sit one of the WRs and go to a 2 TE offense next year...and then, I could see him wanting that. However, we have lead the NFL in scoring for 2yrs with what we have...while our defense is NOT that good. It'd be easier to get more "explosive" talent on DEFENSE to help keep scores down for us to win too, ya know!! Fant is everything they hoped Everett would develop into, but hasn't. He plays fast and explosive and then showed up at the combine an only led all TEs in 40 time, vertical leap, 3 cone, broad jump and 60 yard shuttle. And for good measure, finished 6th in bench press. And looked very good in on field work. He's a seam threat that would force teams to respect our TEs and the middle of the field.

Don't waste your time looking back, you're not going that way. - Ragnar Lothbrok
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

About McVay’s intriguing “want explosive players in draft” comment...

Rams43770March 23, 2019 09:01AM

Re: The context of his comments should help...

dzrams314March 23, 2019 10:22AM

Re: The context of his comments should help...

zn363March 23, 2019 10:59AM

Coach speak-means little-if anything

waterfield238March 23, 2019 11:02AM

Re: newsflash: means NOTHING...

spagsbacker291March 23, 2019 11:15AM

what position on offense is that????

SunTzu_vs_Camus245March 23, 2019 01:37PM

You have the right names

Deadpool245March 24, 2019 09:57AM

Rams don't throw seam routes to TEs much if at all....

SunTzu_vs_Camus173March 24, 2019 05:27PM

Re: You have the right names...Irv Smith Jr. TE

oldschoolramfan400March 25, 2019 05:39AM

Re: what position on offense is that????

Rams Junkie217March 24, 2019 10:15AM

2 words

Deadpool232March 24, 2019 10:38AM

Learning from how the Rams have drafted for the OL

hubestar211March 24, 2019 02:56PM

well they aren't starting over Talib and Peters

ferragamo79199March 24, 2019 03:03PM

Josh Jacobs "Football definitely saved my life" "I didn't even have a bed until college."

Rams Junkie279March 29, 2019 02:16PM

Remembering the Super Bowl game...

hubestar241March 24, 2019 02:53PM

Re: Remembering the Super Bowl game...

cool_hand_luke196March 24, 2019 05:33PM

Draft comments on TE Everett...

SunTzu_vs_Camus222March 25, 2019 08:03AM

last time we targeted speed we ended up with a late pick

joram240March 25, 2019 12:20PM