Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Result of losing in the Super Bowl

March 17, 2019 03:07AM
Thanks for the proper perspective on where we are as a team.

Even the best teams have areas where they would like to improve so being self critical and providing an honest assessment is always a good thing. There was a post the other day by George Allen who shared how many bright young players we have and the hope that is with those players for the future.

I remember the torture of the fight between Martz and the Front Office and the destruction of the GSOT due to arrogance and mismanagement. I remember the days that followed that not matter how high we drafted we couldn't seem to find a player and how bad we were for 15 long years. I remember Fisher being a huge upgrade then a huge disappointment as he failed to play disciplined football, failed to develop young players, failed to run an offense worth a darn and failed to attract good coaches. I remember almost a decade of shattered hopes and dreams and just an overall organizational ineptitude.

Yea we lost the Superbowl but we got to play in Superbowl. We have a top flight organization that should result in sustainable levels of excellence. We have great players and great coaches and many are still on the upswing. We have an all time great playing DT and a Franchise QB who is only 24. We have a great offense and it is filled with young and rising players but it has enough experience to have a nice blend. On defense we are still quite young and have the talent to do even better.

The organization can identify and acquire talent that fits what the coaches desire in terms of players. The Front office and the Coaching staff are like Ginger Rogers and Fred Astaire working as one in perfect harmony. The coaching staff is excellent at developing young talent which is key to sustainability with the Salary cap. Things are good if you are a Rams fan.

I understand all the disappointment and yes there are things that the team needs to work on and get better at. And while the FO and Coaching staffs do a great job they both know they can improve and they are the types that are continually learning and seeking ways to do things better. Best of all they provide leadership and can attract the best coaches and players.

I could not be more pleased with where the Rams are and I have found it quite enjoyable to finally be rooting for a winner. I even look forward to how things will develop in the off season and challenge myself to try and see if I can think along the lines of what they will do and how they will plug the holes. Every team has holes it is how you fill the holes over time that is a key determining factor in long term success. Heck even NE doesn't go to the Superbowl each year by they are consistently good and competitive as I think the Rams will be.

The Lakers used to be consistently good until Dr. Buss died and the Front Office and internal strife wrecked things. Even with Magic and Rob they still have made a bunch of horrible decisions and stink again this year. The Dodger finally have a great organization and are innovators just like the Rams. Two great organizations in one city how blessed LA is.

Anyway things are really good and looking up so we should all take a moment and be thankful. Then we can enjoy the debates on how the team is constructed and who is doing well or sucking it up and what mistakes there are and what great finds there are to offset those mistakes. I really enjoy this board and the wealth of knowledge you get here is tops by far. People are almost always reasoned when expressing themselves and the board is the best.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Result of losing in the Super Bowl

RantoulRam1270March 16, 2019 10:42AM

bigjimram21353March 16, 2019 10:58AM

I agree

OzRam266March 16, 2019 10:59AM

Re: Result of losing in the Super Bowl..Outstanding post!

BumRap347March 16, 2019 07:32PM

Absolutely an Excellent Post! And I would add...

Ramadune255March 16, 2019 10:22PM

Re: Absolutely an Excellent Post! And I would add...

sfbayram175March 17, 2019 02:25AM

David Deacon169March 17, 2019 03:07AM

Perfect Perspective

Ramboni234March 17, 2019 03:20AM

Re: listen thats all fine and good

Speed_Kills288March 17, 2019 05:22AM

Re: listen thats all fine and good

bigjimram21197March 17, 2019 08:05AM

I agree Speedy

ferragamo79185March 17, 2019 10:23AM

I think the window will be open for a while

zn210March 17, 2019 10:45AM

IDK

ferragamo79177March 17, 2019 01:17PM

LOL Speedy!

Ramadune214March 17, 2019 11:20AM

Re: All good buddy

Speed_Kills144March 17, 2019 06:02PM

Why is Goff's "looming big contract"....

Suh-weet!245March 17, 2019 11:46AM

The big reason is Gurley and Kupps health

Rams_81246March 17, 2019 02:35PM

totally agree (nm)

ferragamo79169March 17, 2019 05:39PM

Re: and this

Speed_Kills223February 22, 2020 07:51AM

losing in the Super Bowl--agree and add...

Steve205March 17, 2019 10:07AM

Re: losing in the Super Bowl--agree and add...

Killrazor174March 18, 2019 12:44AM

Two thumbs up man!

RamUK187March 17, 2019 05:00PM