Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

After re-watching some early games, some general observations...

March 14, 2019 07:49AM
Our D often seemed like a bunch of square peg players trying to fit into round holes. Never really gelled until late in the season.

Suh never quite seemed to be a “fit”. Yeah, he made plays here and there, but in general just didn’t seem quite “right”.

What was Wade thinking when he decided to go with Longacre and Ebu as starters ourside? Contain by both was a joke. Hard to watch early on, frankly.

AD was a little too focused on sacks, and to the point that run D suffered. There, I said it. When he adjusted later in season things got much better. Not that others didn’t fail on run D.

Our scoring D midseason was atrocious. [www.nfl.com] That’s just In case you forgot it because our O was in hyperdrive itself.

I had forgotten how fast Gurley was early in the season. He was simply otherworldly. Don’t know if we’ll ever see that again, though. Sigh...

Malcolm Brown is a helluva backup to Gurley. Was tremendous in relief. Glad he’s back.

Cooper Kupp was a beast before all the injuries. Goff really missed him later, no doubt in my mind. No disrespect to Reynolds intended, but Kupp is just “special”.

If there are 3 better WR “hands catchers” on any team, I haven’t seen them.

Fowler was feast or famine early on. Made 2 stupid penalties vs Seahawks that sustained TD drives, but then makes a game saving strip fumble against Wilson. Point is that Fowler kept getting better. And smarter.

No excuse for a Wade D to give up multiple 30+ point games. Disgraceful. If this new Wade D can put a lid on that crap then we will be unstoppable. Late season and playoffs were encouraging.

Honestly, I’m not sure if I care whether Peters is extended beyond this year, anymore. His failures in early to midseason games were devastating. In coverage, tackling, and penalties. Got better later in season, I know, when Wade “modified” his scheming. But still...

I’ve got a feeling that our front 7 will be vastly improved overall this season. Four new starters there vs opening day last year can do that.

Would be nice if, somehow, Talib could and would stick around for a couple more years, don’t you think? I can dream, can’t I?

GZ really settled down our kicking game once he returned. All the former drama simply evaporated. Was a great feeling.

I hope that coach Eric Henderson will make a big positive difference. I think he will. Bill Johnson just wasn’t getting good enough results given the talent he had to work with. I mean, didn’t we all expect a helluva lot more from a trio of AD, Suh, and Brockers? That’s a $45M per year trio there. C’mon...
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

After re-watching some early games, some general observations...

Rams43217March 14, 2019 07:49AM