Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: money seems close...

March 13, 2019 07:30AM
Rams43
SunTzu_vs_Camus
I just think the Rams se the drop off from Saffold to Boom....as not that much.
I think the Rams saw a place to save some money and get the youngins involved without much drop off and took it.
Will it werk???? We shall see.

Boom looked fine to me on the island at LT so I think he could handle LG. Boom may even have niftier feet than Saffold tho not the power.
Again....we shall see. Allen is the guy that I'm dying to see if he can stand up to these monster DTs...Allen is a small(300lb dude) and seems overmatched
and I have not seen his game in the NFL as much as the limited snaps from Boom. So, Allen, for me...is the slight unknown. However, if these two work out...we'll have gotten 2 starting OL in the 3rd & 4th rounds of the draft. Wow!

I do think we draft another 2 OL this coming draft...maybe even as high as the 31st if there is a OT they like(not interior OL, i don't think)...
but I believe the Rams go hard on DL and get an OL in the 3rd and another S to sit in the room with Weddle.

Here’s the thing...

Yeah, Boom can probably fill in for Saffold this season without a huge drop off.

But Boom is penciled in to be our Whit replacement in ‘20. So, now who is our future LG? Our ‘19 injury replacement on our SB seeking team?

Now it seems that draft picks will have to be diverted from other crying needs and invested in OL. All because $11M for an elite LG couldn’t be spared? Penny wise, pound foolish? C’mon...

Yeah, I’m not real happy about this decision.

me either but I have vented on enough various threads about it so won't do it again.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Anybody know what we offered Saffold?

RamUK436March 13, 2019 04:16AM

money seems close...

SunTzu_vs_Camus332March 13, 2019 04:41AM

Rams43231March 13, 2019 07:25AM

RamsDynasty195March 13, 2019 07:30AM

Barf33188March 13, 2019 07:38AM

I'm not sure why the the angst over Saffold....

SunTzu_vs_Camus215March 13, 2019 10:56AM

"Then he makes it fast with one more thing..."

Rams Junkie231March 13, 2019 11:11AM

Thank you......

GlacieRam198March 13, 2019 11:27AM