Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: An outstanding offseason prediction post by Merlin...

February 23, 2019 04:29AM
I dont think there is a need to extend Whitworth another year. Its simply about getting him to return for 2019 which would clearly be his final NFL season. I tend to think Saffold will be back and that they can add defensive pieces that dont cost a ton. But I also think if there is a choice budget wise between paying Saffold and getting an upper tier edge rusher they would go with the latter.

An edge guy like Shaq Barrett could help. As could a mid-tiersafety like George Iloka, neither of which would cost much. Not sure who they will target to replace Suh but I will bet they can find someone 5 years younger for half what they paid Suh in 2018 with a more consistent motor.

The move to get a new defensive line coach probably shows they are serious about upgrading the pass rush. Wades defense is predicated on pressure above all else and apart from Donald this year it fell off a cliff vs 2017.

It would be great to bring back a veteran like Anderson at RB but they also simply cannot pay a RB2 $3M and if someone else offers that the Rams would be wise to just retain Brown (who played well when given the ball) and take the 2020 comp pick for C.J.

At TE if they see one of the top 3 draft prospects as a good fit and as top 25 overall picks and are there at 31 I think they might jump on it for the value and long term talent infusion. But I dont think they are looking at TE as a primary 2019 need area by any means. Fixing the pass rush, continuing to infuse the OL with talent and getting steadier presence at safety and ILB are all much higher on the list IMO.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

An outstanding offseason prediction post by Merlin...

Rams43581February 22, 2019 03:03PM

Well reasoned

BC Ramsfan248February 22, 2019 04:44PM

David Deacon191February 23, 2019 02:56AM

Agree

OzRam170February 23, 2019 04:28AM

LMU93180February 23, 2019 04:29AM

dzrams168February 23, 2019 05:42AM

Re: solid

leafnose200February 23, 2019 04:35AM