Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

OK. Time has passed. Can we have some perspective?

February 17, 2019 11:27AM
I'm just as disappointed as anyone that we didn't win the Superbowl. And I'm not surprised that we have some here that take it in stride, and others want to practically disband the team.

Age, I suppose, gives me some perspective to consider.

1) Goff is one of the youngest QBs to start for a Superbowl team, win or lose. Great humble young man with tremendous physical tools.
2) McVay is the youngest HC to reach the Superbowl.
3) 2003 was the last winning season the Rams had before McVay arrived in 2017.
4) McVay first year: 11 wins, NFC West title, Playoffs, lost in 1st round.
5) McVay second year, 13 wins, NFC West title, Playoffs, lost in the Superbowl
6) The Rams have talent everywhere, much of it locked up long term, including the best D player in the league.
7) Goff has become a top 10, if not top 5, QB in the league by every measure. Wins, rating, TD to INT ratio, you name it.
8) The Rams leading WR before he got hurt and out for the year was Kupp. Enough said.
9) People wring their hands about edge rushing. Well, the guy they thought would be the man, Okoronkwo, was hurt in Training Camp and lost for the year. BTW: Huddlereport listed him as their #1 best outside pass rusher in the 2018 draft. These are the same guys who said a guy named Donald would tear up the league even though he was "too small" and not that well known outside of the pro draft services.
10) The Rams are still a young team and have so much more growing to do.

Regardless of losing the Superbowl, LA and McVay is probably going to be 2nd only to New England as a destination for good vets after a ring. The Rams will have some FA options at reasonable prices that other teams might not have.

The Rams don't have a 2nd rounder; but they still have their first and most other rounds available, and probably 2 thirds even after turning over 1 of them to the Jags.

Snead has proved himself quite adept at picking players and there's no reason to think the Rams won't reload this off season.

I am really proud of this young team that has exceeded my expectations. It's a great time to be a Rams fan, from my armchair.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

OK. Time has passed. Can we have some perspective?

RockRam316February 17, 2019 11:27AM

Wade said it best.....

Rampage2K-191February 17, 2019 01:01PM

Re: OK. Time has passed. Can we have some perspective?

Rams43130February 17, 2019 04:02PM

Agree on everything

mexram157February 17, 2019 04:35PM

plus 1 buddy

ferragamo79102February 17, 2019 04:58PM

Fantastic post

Ram49152February 17, 2019 04:59PM