Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: McVay and Kromer: Lack of Focus

January 21, 2019 11:31AM
I'd be the first to tell you this is a guess

But with the hardest yardage, and toughest ground between the tackles: I'd have leaned on CJ Anderson, too.

There might have been a glitch in Todd's push off. Not noticeable, but the trainers know. Ted Rath knows. Kromer is aware.
And with that hurting joint, comes a lack of focus. Perhaps there was another miscue, but I didn't see it.

Short pass to Todd. Ball on target. Perhaps a bit behind and tad high. Twitch move to come back to your left, and quick hitch the ball out of the air; Instead the ball glances through Todd's hands.

Now your defense goes out and makes a magnificent stop, and holds them to 3 points, But 2 things happen

1) you need to run the ball enough to sell play action again, and your down on the scoreboard.
2) need to save your defense from having to make another stop at your end of field.

Do you really send a slightly deficient Gurley back out there, and risk a larger focus issue; Say a fumble, and have to look at your DC and his defense, and make that apology?

What I do feel is that they went with their collective knowledge and did the prudent thing. Get the "Fat Back" out there. Let him take the brunt of the hits while we get back on track. Situation meets fact.

I expect Todd to be back on his game, and another two weeks of less contact, and reps? I am drinking the McVay KoolAid
Gurley will have a big impact in the Super Bowl.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

McVay makes it seem like everything is hunky-dory with Todd Gurley

RamBill531January 20, 2019 07:53PM

Re: McVay makes it seem like everything is hunky-dory with Todd Gurley

Rams43248January 20, 2019 07:57PM

Re: McVay and Kromer: Lack of Focus

leafnose222January 21, 2019 11:31AM

100% correct nailed it. Nm

Speed_Kills139January 21, 2019 11:42AM

The Saints were the #1 run defense

Deadpool169January 21, 2019 12:04PM

Not sure thats an opinion nm