Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

McVay keeps learning and Adjusting

January 11, 2019 10:07AM
I am impressed that McVay is so self critical and that he recognizes when he and the team miss the mark.

McVay seems to be a guy that is continually looking at small changes that can lead to big results. Hence the are fine tuning and sharpening up on the fundamentals versus taking time off. Keep sharp and get healthy what a novel concept.

McVay seems to have a capacity to always be growing and learning and he studies leadership and will make sure he is ready to lead a team that is ready to go to war on Saturday. I feel confident they will come out ready to execute and that last year was a valuable learning experience that will pay dividend for many years.

Now if Dallas comes up with perfect game plan and stifles the offense I will be very interested in how McVay makes adjustments during the game. Admittedly there have not been that many times where he has needed to make adjustments which is a tribute to his offensive system and game planning. But in those rare instances where he has need to change things up and adjust I think he has been slow to react. He is so smart and creative and has so many tricks in his playbook I am really a bit stuplified as to why I think he has this problem. Perhaps he is so confident in the game plan that he has a little blind spot as he is sure he is right. Some of the changes seem that need to be made almost seem like no brainers such as shortening up routes and using misdirection to slow the rush when run and deep routes are covered. I get the imposing your will on the other team but don't you do that when you beat the snot out of them? Maybe we won't even need to make adjustments in this game and it will all be moot. That would sure make watching the game much easier and enjoyable.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Michael Brockers says Rams treated bye before playoffs differently this year

RamBill421January 11, 2019 07:28AM

Re: Michael Brockers says Rams treated bye before playoffs differently this year

kw13209January 11, 2019 07:44AM

Re: Michael Brockers says Rams treated bye before playoffs differently this year

Rams43257January 11, 2019 07:49AM

Tony Romas195January 11, 2019 09:09AM

McVay keeps learning and Adjusting

David Deacon166January 11, 2019 10:07AM