Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: A fascinating post about 12 personnel by aeneas1...

December 28, 2018 07:37AM
Classicalwit
Rams43
Here’s an excerpt by aeneas1...

When is 12 Personnel not 12 Personnel?

altho it was interesting (great?) to see the rams offense mix it up by going with a lot of 12 personnel groupings @ arizona, the 22 tape has me wondering if the move was more a reynolds demotion than a commitment to a standard 12 personnel scheme... i say this because technically speaking the rams did play a lot of 12 (1 rb, 2 te) last week, but in a lot of cases they simply trotted out their usual 11 sets (groupings) with the only difference being everett filling in as a wr instead of reynolds.

after what appeared to be a break out game vs the chiefs (8 targets, 6 catches, 80 yards, 1 td), reynolds' numbers looked horrible in the next 3 games (26 targets, 12 catches, 46% catch rate, 0 tds, 2 picks) - add to this everett is much a much better blocker than reynolds, especially in pass pro and downfield, and is also very capable route runner and pass catcher... as a result, seemingly, everett not only played in typical 12 schemes last week, but he also took a lot of josh's snaps in what appeared to be 11 personnel groupings... hell, everett even had 2 jet sweeps @ arizona.

Reynolds seems to have a lot of good tools, but I find myself wondering how dedicated he is to his craft. Does he put in enough work on the limited and nuanced aspects of his sport - footwork, getting in and out of breaks, hand-eye coordination, etc.?

Yeah I agree. I think he looks really smooth and his college tape suggested that he had the "it's MY ball" mentality when the ball is on its way. Now, he just looks disinterested a lot of the time. I think he has the tools to be a very good WR in this league but I'm not sure he has the "want to" that is necessary.

I hope he can get it because I think he can be a good one.

"He who knows all the answers has not been asked all the questions."
- Confucius

“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
- Patrick Rothfuss

"With age comes wisdom, but sometimes age comes alone."
- Oscar Wilde
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

A fascinating post about 12 personnel by aeneas1...

Rams43428December 28, 2018 07:18AM

Classicalwit201December 28, 2018 07:24AM

RamsFanSinceLA184December 28, 2018 07:37AM

I think that McVay May have concluded something profound...

Rams43154December 28, 2018 08:35AM

Re: A fascinating post about Josh Reynolds lack of dedication

Steve140December 29, 2018 01:18AM

what I like about 12 personnel...

LMU93174December 28, 2018 08:31AM

Maybe it an 11.5 with Everett

David Deacon150December 29, 2018 06:04AM