Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Does Goff have the mindset to be an elite QB?

December 17, 2018 05:06PM
PaulButcher59
There`s always been a "IT" factor with the great QB`s over time in the NFL and you could always tell the ones that really have "IT" and the ones that do not.

Jared Goff is one of those QB`s that I'm on the fence with in this area. Sure the OL and weapons help a QB a lot but the elite QB`s seem to battle through those ups and downs and remain spiritually powerful and confident at all times.

Although Aaron Rodgers is the best QB IMO, Russell Wilson is my favorite NFL QB because of the way he battles week in and week out, despite his lack of size and whats around him. You always have a trust in him. Its as if he never loses confidence in himself regardless of the situation. I believe you could put Wilson on the NY Giants this season and they are still fighting for a division title right now.

I really want to have that same trust in Goff, and when everything is going well he seems like a great NFL QB with a high level of confidence, but does he truly believe in himself even when the environment around him has been altered and he's struggling? Its probably too early to answer that question and to be fair he is only in his 3rd NFL season, but sometimes you can just see something in a QB right away and see if he has "IT" or not. I want to believe Goff does, but I definitely wouldn't say he does at this point. I want to see what he`s made of the rest of the season and going into the playoffs.

Obviously injuries could always be another factor but this is the NFL and all QB`s deal with injuries over their careers. Thats yet another huge sign of mental toughness.

Very few...VERY few...qbs thrive and perform at a high level when protection becomes a major issue. Wilson is one of the rare ones. The rest, if your OL is struggling consistently during a game, so is the qb.

All you can determine from Goff struggling under increased pressure and with OL issues is that he is like virtually every other good NFL qb. But not like Wilson.

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Does Goff have the mindset to be an elite QB?

PaulButcher59383December 17, 2018 09:07AM

Coy Bacon215December 17, 2018 09:17AM

Rampage2K-172December 17, 2018 09:42AM

How much more does he need to do....

baraw202December 17, 2018 09:49AM

Re: How much more does he need to do....

Rampage2K-232December 17, 2018 11:07AM

Re: How much more does he need to do....very good

BumRap157December 17, 2018 11:32AM

Played bad, with a terrible defense, lost by 7

Ram49157December 17, 2018 09:59AM

Great QBs make their name when going is good

BumRap180December 17, 2018 11:34AM

Who knows ? (nm)

waterfield114December 17, 2018 11:42AM

Re: Does Goff have the mindset to be an elite QB? Yes,..

sfbayram110December 17, 2018 12:29PM

zn174December 17, 2018 05:06PM