Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Adjustments

December 15, 2018 08:23AM
Ramsfsninmd
It is that time of year when teams that are going to go far into the post season start to have to adjust. The masters of this are the Patriots. They treat September as the preseason, their defense looks dreadful, yet by late in the year they have a solid defense with #12.

The Rams? Sean McVay is well aware teams are going to adjust to his 11 personnel and play calling, and with CHI and DET (with really good defensive coordinators by the way) did adjust.

He said he was very humbled by the CHI loss, and I read that as he is aware he was too stubborn and kind of shocked CHI was able to get pressure with only rushing four and blanketing seven in coverage, the two high safety look, ignoring the jet sweep action and play action passing, etc.

Now all the media start piling on teams that were the favorites like the Rams, KC, etc. and start touting the Bears, Chargers, etc.

White noise.

BUT....

Will McVay and Co. make adjustments? Not run 11 personnel 93% of the time?, etc.

It will be interesting....starting Sunday night against an old pro like Jim Schwartz/PHI...

I personally don't buy the "can't run 11 personnel all the time" thing. Sure you can. Especially if the point is that defenses cannot tell what the Rams are going to do on any given down with that personnel.

I think they had 2 rough games for 2 reasons combined. (The "combined" part is important.)

1. It is next to impossible to win consecutive road games and teams rarely do it.

2. 2 veteran D coordinators took advantage of being at home to throw the Rams off track on offense.

If those 2 combined conditions occur again I would worry.

If not then (IMO) there's no particular reason to be that worried.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/15/2018 08:25AM by zn.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Adjustments

Ramsfsninmd350December 15, 2018 06:54AM

zn157December 15, 2018 08:23AM

Rampage2K-136December 15, 2018 09:38AM

leafnose135December 15, 2018 11:18AM