Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

3 thots...

December 10, 2018 09:10AM
musings maybe.

#1 - Rams were very flat last night and nearly as flat last week against the Lions too...I think the team relaxed a bit knowing they made the play-offs and the HFA is nice but they are just relaxing about having made the playoffs. So, VERY FLAT. Is that a problem? Not until the playoff games start. imo

#2 - McVay's play calling went much more vanilla the last 2 weeks...I think he's not putting stuff on film for opponents and just trying to play the rest of the games straight up and try and win a few more to keep that 1st round bye. I think his mindset is save it for when it counts. McVay cares about the games that COUNT....I mean, really count. Remember, our starters had played no PS games....at all!!!!!! These next 3 games are like PS games...almost.
I wonder if McVay will play his back-ups at many positions to save treadwear on the older vets for these last 3 games?? we'll see.
It may not work, turning the switch on & off again...but his method has got us this far and I don't mind trying new things every year to find the best way to the PS without injury and then reg season & playoffs with success.

#3 - McVay. He's young and still feeling it out...all of it. He's soooo young....I always forget that. Also, he's playing in one of the biggest spotlight/pressure city venues there is. We will have bumps along the road as Rams' fans as he learns and adapts. Just like Goff....the truth is a human is not perfect every week and have bad days like the rest of us. On a team, sometimes others can cover up for your bad day and still win...sometimes everyone is flat (like last night) tho the defense did very well the last 2 weeks...Is the Defense finally stepping up more?? maybe.

"L'audace, l'audace. Toujours l'audace!"
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

3 thots...

SunTzu_vs_Camus292December 10, 2018 09:10AM

Re: 3 thots...I agree......And add 1 more thought.

oldschoolramfan118December 10, 2018 09:19AM

#2 is kinda backwards to me

Deadpool76December 10, 2018 09:38AM

yer thots are mine too....I wouldn't do what McVay is doin..

SunTzu_vs_Camus118December 10, 2018 10:20AM

Re: 3 thots...

kfriel57December 10, 2018 09:43AM

yes, yer point always gets lost when a team loses...

SunTzu_vs_Camus72December 10, 2018 10:24AM