Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

My Observations on the Bear's Loss

December 09, 2018 07:43PM
I still believe in this team; that they will right the ship. They need to get back to hyper focus!

1. McVay is in a slump and Jared is along for the ride - play calling has been awful. He hails from the Bill Walsh tree, so where is the emphasis on running the ball? Play action is useless when you don't run the ball. All the screens, jet sweeps and use of Gurley in the passing game have greatly diminished. I'd like to see McVay get back to helping Goff more with better play-calling.

2. This team needs some adversity - I hate losing games like this...HATE IT.... but it can galvanize a team. This team has had plenty of distractions in California this season... but they have also been getting a little too "Gucci" as of late. Get back to hyper focus.

3. Suh and Brockers are VERY replaceable -- These two should be embarrassed. They have both had terrible seasons and I wouldn't extend either of them if the opportunity arises. My god, Donald was getting TRIPLE TEAMED tonight....and neither of those two can win their one on one match-ups. Pathetic. They should both be embarrassed. They can't get to the passer OR stop the run!!!

4. We need 'thumper' LBers -- Where is Micah Kiser?? Barron has to go and Littleton needs some work. Dante Fowler IS having an impact! Teams are going to run right at this team in the playoffs.

5. Gerald Everett can play -- I think he is rounding into a very good ballplayer. He is making some tough catches.

6. WTH Pharoah Cooper?? -- Learn how to take a knee!!!

7. Zuerlein is an enigma - nails a 50 yarder, shanks a 40 yarder. Just bizarre.

8. We MISS KUPP -- Huge loss on this offense.

9. They play down to the competition -- They come out angry against teams like the Hawks, Chiefs, Chargers.... but look bored against Detroit, Chicago and Green Bay. It's a mental thing in my opinion. And sorry folks, for as well as Chicago plays defense, I feel like the Rams should have ROLLED THEM! Average WRs, below average QB, rookie offensive lineman, etc. This should have been a 38-10 game.

10. LaMarcus Joyners best game - I thought he played very well tonight. Solid tackling and in position.

11. Media thinks the Ram's are soft -- and frankly, I agree. This team lacks some thumpers.

12. Did Troy Hill or Sam Shield see the field? - I didn't see them at all

...and finally......

13. THE PLAYCALLING - man has it gotten weird. Where are the screens, jet sweeps, inside running game? Against a team like the Bears with edge rushers???? There were zero traps, next to no screens, motion was minimal and....where was the hurry up to gas the speed rushers? Where were the deep routes to clear out underneath drags, etc.??

This loss is on McVay.... and yes, Jared played really bad. But it is ONE GAME during an 11-2 season folks. Better to have these eggs early in December than closer to the new year. McVay has to find some power running game plays. Two TE sets (even if he has to use Noteboom as a TE) ... he should also show something with a FB. Incorporate more of the West Coast offense he learned from his grandfather.

Tough loss....but I'm confident they can get this right. The one thing nagging at me is the inability to stop the run.....those front seven. Going to be tough to get a Lombardi when they aren't playing well.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

My Observations on the Bear's Loss

Ram49497December 09, 2018 07:43PM

McVay will end up with 1 less win then the 15 we won in 5 years

stlramz193December 09, 2018 08:56PM

Re: McVay obsessed

leafnose148December 10, 2018 04:38AM

Re: My Observations on the Bear's Loss

Steve217December 09, 2018 09:00PM

Re: IMO, the loss is on the OL first...

dzrams164December 09, 2018 09:13PM

Re: IMO, the loss is on the OL first...