Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

TRANSCRIPT: Rams Head Coach Sean McVay , November 30, 2018

December 01, 2018 01:49AM
Rams Head Coach Sean McVay – Media Availability – November 30, 2018

(On if prioritizing becomes more difficult following the Saints’ loss on Thursday night and knowing that the Rams control their own destiny towards home field)

"I think it actually kind of goes hand-in-hand where, really, if we continue to just worry about what we can control right now, and that's having a great performance against a tough team in Detroit. If we do that, then that gives us a chance to win our division, which is always something that you want to be able to try to accomplish. Then, just continuing to take it one day at a time. What we're doing is just going to keep it that 'one day at a time' mindset, and if things take care of themselves, then that's kind of what we're hoping for if we take care of our own business."

(On if things went like he wanted them to after the bye week)

"They did. Our players came back refreshed, re-energized, ready to go. It's been a good week of preparation. Leaving on a Friday, so we'll get a chance to head out here soon and hopefully have a good performance on Sunday."

(On what went into the decision to activate CB Aqib Talib)

"That was kind of always the plan and really, he's done an excellent job. (Senior Director of Sports Medicine and Performance) Reggie (Scott) and the medical staff and (Ccool smiley Aqib (Talib) have done an excellent job getting him to a point where he's really gotten himself ready to go faster than we probably anticipated when you just look at the history of this injury based on some other people that have had it before. But, he's done a great job just with the rehab process. This was somebody that we always knew – with the importance that he has to our team and to our secondary, to our defense – wanted to get him back and utilize the ability to re-activate him off that designated to return list. It's a big boost to our team."

(On if he knows how much Talib will play on Sunday)

"Yeah, he's going to go. As far as how many snaps, we don't know that quite yet. We kind of have an idea, but you can expect him to be ready to go. It's going to be good to be able to have (Ccool smiley Aqib (Talib) back out there."

(On how Talib being back on the field will impact CB Marcus Peters' playing style)

"I'd say, you'd have to ask (Ccool smiley Marcus (Peters) about that. But, I do think any time that you're talking about a player of Aqib's caliber with the communication, the command, the leadership that he brings – he brings people with him. I know that he and Marcus have a great rapport where, they kind of go back and forth and I think that kind of helps having your brother back out there with you and their communication. Aqib's just contribution to our defense will be big based on the communication, the mastery that he has on the system and really just the experience that he has playing this game and kind of what it takes in some of these games situationally. He does a great job with that communication that we always talk about is so vital to the success of our team and specific to defense."

(On if DT Ndamukong Suh missed practice today)

"He got the day off. Just really, nothing injury related. We expect him to be ready to go and just being smart with him as a veteran player. So, that was kind of the approach today."
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

TRANSCRIPT: Rams Head Coach Sean McVay , November 30, 2018

Shaky166December 01, 2018 01:49AM