Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

London to Mexico City to Los Angeles

November 13, 2018 06:24PM
One NFL game that has been scheduled in three cities in three different countries.

A home game in London becomes a home game in Mexico City which becomes a home game in LA. What a winding road of events that brought all of that about.

IIRC this was originally one of three home games over three years to be played in London as a penalty for moving to LA right?

That seemed different than a financial penalty as home games in London affect the competitive balance. I remember at the time feeling like three years of competitive balance penalty seemed excessive. Then this away (home) game was transitioned to Mexico which made sense for NFL international marketing and was better for the team as its less travel as well as fewer time zones to deal with for the week. With all the personal challenges the players, coaches, staff and their families have had to contend with recently at least this may be a lucky bounce. They amazingly overcame the challenges on the field by getting the win this week. Getting away to Colorado may have provided a respite from the safety concerns and witnessing tragic losses.

McVay with his family history and his own youthful life experiences as well as his study seems influenced by those 80s 49ers teams. Eddie DeBartolo Jr. took good care of that team off the field and it seemed to have a positive impact on the team overall. McVay talking about a Rams owner who would send a second charter to send Rams players etc's family members to Colorado made me think that is what Eddie would have done.

The ability to maintain focus for everyone involved is impressive. Trent Dilfer's piece is relevant in my mind. My best to any herd members affected.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/13/2018 06:25PM by Rams Junkie.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

NBC Sports: NFL moves Chiefs v Rams to Los Angeles

Speed_Kills506November 13, 2018 01:18PM

and according to this article Rams will head home to Thousand Oaks nm

Speed_Kills153November 13, 2018 01:19PM

Re: and according to this article Rams will head home to Thousand Oaks nm

IowaRam184November 13, 2018 01:32PM

Tickets Available To General Public Starting

RamsFootballFans.com165November 13, 2018 01:54PM

Imagine if you bought scalped tickets...

jemach181November 13, 2018 01:59PM

Re: Imagine if you bought scalped tickets...

21Dog142November 13, 2018 02:43PM

London to Mexico City to Los Angeles

Rams Junkie119November 13, 2018 06:24PM