Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: a lot of defensive turnover coming

October 17, 2018 08:58AM
LMU93
Odds are not just Joyner but Suh, Longacre, Barron, Wilson, and Shields.

Elevate Franklin-Myers and Kiser's roles in year two. Addition of Okoronkwo and return of Fox at OLB.

Definitely gonna be some changes on our starting D next year, 93.

Some are more obvious than others, but change is certain. Probably a lot of changes. Lol.

I’m gonna take a crack at some predictions based upon what I’ve seen as of game 6...

Joyner is a goner. Wade speaks well of him but his salary and Snead’s proven ability to find secondary players makes it unlikely that he stays.

Suh is 50-50 to stay, IMO. Most will disagree, but I expect him to be willing to sign a reasonable 2 year contract because he is having the time of his life with these teammates and coaches.

Longacre is a goner. His body has betrayed him. Such a shame.

Barron is 50-50, IMO. It will simply come down to Wade’s opinion. Could go either way.

Wilson is a JAG. Could be another 50-50 depending on Barron’s fate and Wade’s opinion of his other ILB’s.

Shields is likely a goner. His shoulder, tackling, and concussion history issues make him somewhat unlikely to remain. Plus he’ll surely get an offer elsewhere from a less talented team.

I’m very hopeful about Fox’s future.

FWIW, I’m not quite as gung-ho on Franklin-Myers as some. I do like him but I’m not fully sold on him just yet. For one thing, he’s sometimes slow off the snap.

Talib is a lock to be here and starting next year. His value to this D is now beyond obvious.

Talk of Talib or Barron to S just seems silly to me.

Peters is a lock to be extended for 5 years.

Our future starting S opposite JJ is not yet on this roster. I expect Snead to draft him next draft.

Littleton is a lock to be extended. He is getting better and better each week. What a find by Snead!

But the rest of our LB corps? Especially if Barron is traded/released? Hoo-boy! I’m hopeful for Obo, but the kid hasn’t taken a single snap. Wade has some sorting and evaluating to do at LB, that’s for sure. I’m not fully sold on ANY of them, especially on the edge.

Bottom line? I could easily see 5 new D starters come next opening day. Replacements for the following range from possible to quite likely:

Suh
Ebu
Longacre
Barron
Joyner.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Looking ahead.....WAY ahead: can JJ3 play FS?

RockRam443October 16, 2018 05:33PM

Re: Looking ahead.....WAY ahead: can JJ3 play FS?

OzRam262October 16, 2018 09:07PM

Re: Looking ahead.....WAY ahead: can JJ3 play FS?

Ohiorams232October 16, 2018 11:59PM

a lot of defensive turnover coming

LMU93206October 17, 2018 05:19AM

stlrams13200October 17, 2018 05:22AM

Rams43214October 17, 2018 08:58AM