Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Nice Cards game review by JonRam99...

September 18, 2018 05:50PM
Here’s JonRam99...

Thoughts:
- Talib with some really nice PBU's. This CB crew is crazy. I don't think SB threw in MP's direction at all.
- Shields with back-to-back nice plays. (he bumped his head on the ground during the tackle though... #yikes)
- Brown... what can Brown do for you? everything it seems, great RB2 to grind it out in garbage time -- but wait, there's MORE!! -- he kept the ball marching down the field & helped us get 6 more. Wicked pancake too.
- Hekker... I was really curious to see his KO's. That dude is stupid talented -- kicked it all the way down to the EZ.
- JoJo... kid can straight up fly. Got tackled on his last PR, got up kinda slow, hope he's OK, such a small fry, but mercy, he can fly. Always getting us positive yards, so refreshing to see a Rams' KR/PR run upfield instead of dance around.
- The O as a whole is so powerful, so many weapons, but the OL did give up some TFL's on Brown & Gurley, esp. when the Curds stacked the box, which was a lot -- do we now have some 'tells' when it's a running play?
- That said, the Play Action was deadly. Goff sells it so well.
- He needs to work on some pump fakes. That batted pass at the goal line was disappointing -- that TD was right there.
- our WR's were plucking the ball out of the air.... Cooks is crazy talented, why in the WORLD did NE give him up to us?? great hands, speed, route running... ok, he's not Fitz's size (man if we could've signed him before he retires) but he's a true WR1.
- that long pass to Cooks right after halftime... pretty sure it was this play, but the Rams did a 'max pass protect', looked like 9 jerseys forming a big curved wall to give him time to run down field.
- love watching them block too on run plays... it was hard sledding though with stacked boxes, but great efforts.
- Curds were dedicated to stopping Gurley, lots of run blitzes, but he still ground out some yards -- his first TD sweep right shows you how much speed & vision he has... he always knows exactly where the goal line is. His 2nd, just eking it over the line, shows how much goal line drive he has & knows just how far to fall forwards to get the ball nose over the line.
- I was hoping to see Everett's catch live too... great hands, and the kid is just a YAC machine in space. SOOO hoping he gets involved more. Nothing more demoralizing than a big TE rampaging through the backfield.
- Curds weren't even trying on the last drive... got across midfield...what happened?? why not take a stab in the EZ?? get some positive points??
- Patrick Peterson was all over the place. But I'm glad we have Talib & Peters & Shields & NRC & John Johnson (golly that kid rocks, he's going to be a star, just you wait until the PFF ratings come out) & Joyner & Christiansen... I don't know, how long has it been since we had a secondary this talented?? Aeneas?? I'd rather have this crew than if we paid Trujo & McCleod & Jackrabbit / kept all 3.

Terrific game overall. 34 points. 0 allowed. Kept the Curds out of our side of the field all day. Incredible.
GO RAMS
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Nice Cards game review by JonRam99...

Rams43344September 18, 2018 05:50PM

Agree with all of that

BC Ramsfan198September 19, 2018 07:55AM