Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Last thoughts on the Cardinals

September 18, 2018 06:06PM
The field was not in good shape
Dry, hard packed, especially on the home hash side.

One of our folks mentioned that they had yanked out the grass and were putting down new. Well, that would have been nice before the game. With 3 football games to play on the field in the next 10 days it needs some attention.

When I noticed Whitworth gamey legged in the second half, and how the field was not forgiving; Well, sure thought about them yanking Whitworth.
Actually, they should have. Whit played all 72 snaps, and not sure if they rotated some guys in late or not along the OL

Robert Woods had an extraordinary couple of catches. Over the middle in the first half, and with 5:13 remaining in the 3rd an absolute art piece. Snaps the ball out of the air with intense pressure on him. Add that he was out there blocking, too. Fact is in his uniform. A total dirt dog by the end of the game.

BTW, Wade. No make that. WADE. Runs a 4-7 scheme. Maybe Govane or one of the play gurus can break that down for me, but even I was trying to catch up to what the guy was up to there. 4 down linemen. 7 DB. Shades of Fritz Shurmur.

What a joy it is to see WRs work so hard. Point in fact: Cooper Kupp. Not gifted with elite speed, but a total student of the game, and works hard as anyone on knowing the game, and making the most of what he has.

Goff intercepted. Don't know how that was perceived on TV or at home, but it was just fine in my book. It was a tough down and distance situation. So, the ball is picked at the west end of the stadium. Hekker couldn't have punted us there much better than where that ball was snagged. Rarely can I say that's a "good interception," but that's pretty much what that was.

BTW, that turnover led to the closed end of the stadium Credit the endzone fans. Our fans have got this instant energy when the opposing defense has to take the field down in there. These sections know now that it's their turn to raise the bedlam given the chance. They were getting growled up long before Brockers every started waving them on. Turning to real havoc when the stadium is crazed before they've even huddled.

And who knew that in 11 snaps that Sam Shields would raise so much havoc, himself??
Easley continues to enjoy productive snaps in his rotations. Again, Wade finding the right number of opportunities for these defenders.

McVay must have run 90% out of 11 personnel. It was instantaneous to note that Everett was in the huddle, and no surprise the ball went his way out of that grouping. Yikes the guy was wide open there, huh?

Will say this. Higbee is getting plenty of reps as the inline blocker out of that 11 grouping.

Nice to Malcolm Brown running to daylight again,
And it sure has been easy to find daylight behind this line.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

10 min highlight video of Rams vs Cards

Rampage2K-211September 18, 2018 02:21PM

Let me guess before I watch...

Saguaro160September 18, 2018 03:19PM

Re: Let me guess before I watch...

Rampage2K-121September 18, 2018 03:24PM

Re: Last thoughts on the Cardinals

leafnose116September 18, 2018 06:06PM