Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Our opponents seem to have picked their poison...

September 18, 2018 06:31AM
It appears that our opponents have consciously chosen to minimize elapsed time from snap to throw in order to partially neutralize our front 7 pass rush.

They have tried to run the ball also to keep our pass rush honest and to try to increase their TOP which would keep our O off the field.

And we will probably see more of the same in the future despite the lack of great success by the Raiders and Cards.

The problem for opponents is that they must virtually concede a consistent passing deep threat and they allow Wade to sub in the likes of Shields and Christian, among others.

It’s a fascinating chess game, so far. I’m guessing that the Chargers and Vikings might have other, and more effective strategies, but we’ll see.

It will still always come down to whether a given opponent chooses to challenge our DL or our secondary, huh? I see the Rams winning more than their fair share of those battles.

Like I said, a weekly pick-your-poison decision for each opponent.

So, we may not be seeing the anticipated sacks this year, but we will probably see an outstanding reduction in points allowed in exchange. I’ll take it.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Our opponents seem to have picked their poison...

Rams43374September 18, 2018 06:31AM

Re: Our opponents seem to have picked their poison...

SoCalRAMatic148September 18, 2018 06:40AM

Points Allowed is the ONLY stat for a defense!!!!

SunTzu_vs_Camus106September 18, 2018 11:17AM

Absolutely right!

NewMexicoRam89September 18, 2018 11:45AM