Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Afterglow will last for days yet.

September 17, 2018 11:45AM
A few thoughts occur, and in no particular order...

Two wins is great, but these were not Top 5 teams that we defeated. So we need to temper our enthusiasm just a bit and see how we fare against the Chargers and Vikings.

Haha. 43 cautioning us to temper our enthusiasm is like getting advice on chastity from Stormy Daniels.

Having said that, there’s no denying the score differentials and 6 consecutive quarters without allowing a single point.

As bad I knew the Cardinals were, I still didn't see the shutout coming. This D is taking care of business without accumulating gaudy sack totals because OC's are scared to death to challenge them with long passes. The first time Arizona tried one in the 2nd half, PICK! Phillip Rivers will not be scared. I can't wait to see how that plays out.

Goff and this O are just getting warmed up. You can see it in confusion of opponents defending our unpredictable O and in the small handful of plays that have just missed between Goff and his receivers. When they finish fine tuning, I believe that this diverse O will be virtually unstoppable. Just too many terrific weapons to defend simultaneously.

The receivers are making catches of even balls that are somewhat misplaced. Goff clearly feels that even when his guys are not really open, they’re open, and he is willingly trusting his guys to make the play. This synergy makes the Ram passing game exponentially more difficult to defend. And I think it’s only gonna get better. We might want to give Goff the nickname of Mr Tightwindows.

"Jared Goff" will do just fine. McVay, Gurley, these 3 WR's and Goff is a nightmare for DC's, even when they aren't running at 100% yet.

Kromer’s OL is doing a helluva job, especially protecting Goff. Hope our running game returns for the Chargers, though.

Would like to see our edge further improve. Not yet up to the standards of the DL and secondary.

Me too, but we can't be excellent everywhere. The roster as assembled now under the cap is already astonishing.

Speaking of DL, the sacks are not yet evident. And yet, our opponents struggle to move the ball, don’t they? Cards are a team in disarray, but only 5 first downs? Only 3 against our starters? Zero points? Only crossed midfield once and that was in the last minute or so against many backups? Are you KIDDING me? I mean, the Cards ARE an NFL team, you know? We all had high expectations for this D, but these last 6 scoreless quarters have certainly been an eye opener for me. And I think that they’re only gonna get better, too.

That postgame locker room vid was special. Sure didn’ look like any locker room cancers were in sight. Lol.

Stay tuned for further wrinkles from McVay. I predict that the Chargers will see a couple, if needed. And certainly the Vikings will.

Our secondary is playing together as if they had been a unit for 3 years. And, as predicted, with big leads provided by the O, Wade has quickly gone to not only nickel, but dime. Curious to see how many snaps that Countess got.

Peters, Talib, SHIELDS, Robey-Coleman. This might be the only CB group that could cover OUR WR's.

Just when I thought my opinion of Hekker couldn’t go higher, he proved otherwise. This wouldn’t be the same team without Johnny Hekker, I’ll tell you that.

Another guy that makes you proud to be a Ram fan. What an asset!

JoJo was impressive, huh? Looked like he was a big part of this Ram synergy thing, indeed. But I still look for Cooper to resume his duties if and when he’s 100%.

Nice to have him while we need him. No need to hurry Cooper back before he's ready. Did you see the team giving him love after that big return?
Call me a sap, but that stuff just warms my heart. Ramily!

Would’t trade our 3 starting WR’s for any other corps in the league. Who’d a thunk I would say that after watching our ‘16 corps? Lol.

Neither would I. Right now it might be mostly Ram fans who realize this, but it will begin to sink into NFL world soon.

Our OL depth is at least 8 deep, y’all. I am beyond impressed with Blythe and Noteboom, in particular.

So, I’m very happy with the 2-0 start. But I need to see how we look against the top echelon teams coming up on our schedule before I really become deep down comfortable. Here’s hoping.

Everybody reading - Enjoy the ride! The future is unknowable, but I believe this team is very, very special.

Ramily!
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Now that I’ve basked in the Card win afterglow for 24 hours...

Rams43219September 17, 2018 11:13AM

Afterglow will last for days yet.

Saguaro106September 17, 2018 11:45AM

Re: Afterglow will last for days yet.

Rams4366September 17, 2018 03:01PM