Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Random Thotz

September 11, 2018 05:44AM
Best stat of the game. Rams' CBs shut down two very good WRs. Let's see if they can do the same vs. Fitz.
Jordy Nelson 3 catches for 23 yards
Amari Cooper 1 catch for 9 yards

Worst stat of the game. The Raiders attacked the LB in coverage. I think we all expected that the be the weak link in the D and other teams will keep attacking until it gets cleaned up. Getting Barron back will help.
Jared Cook 9 catches for 180 yards
Jalen Richard 9 catches for 55 yards

Despite the best interior OL in the league, Lynch had 11 carries for 41 yards with a long of only 10. So no huge gashing running plays. If the Rams' hold David Johnson to twice that next week they will have done well.

Jared Cook was playing like a man possessed. He made some nice catches and ran with anger and threw some blocks. Its a shame he can't play like that every game.

Joyner took a horrible angle on Cook on that big play down the middle in the first quarter.

Gurley had 5 touches in the first half. That's fine if the passing game is firing, but when it is sputtering like it did in the firt half, they need to feed him.

Goff had all day to throw. Sure the Raiders pass rush isn't much, but it sure was nice to see a mostly clean pocket all night long.

Carr just disinigrated. WOW. And he has a reputation for doing that. If he didn't have that huge contract, I wonder if they would still have Mack. I don't think Gruden will put up with a mentally soft QB. Despite his contract, the Raiders have a bunch of 1st round picks now and I could see them looking for a replacement in the next draft if Carr doesn't toughen up this year.

McVay put a lot on tape for opposing defenses to worry about. He's obviously committed to the jet sweep action to keep defense off balance and make them defend the edges. That tap pass to Gurley was a thing of beauty and timed perfectly. While none of the deep passed connected, defenses will have to account for Goff taking shots downfield several times a game.

Zero targets to the TEs. With the current crop of TEs, I don't see this as being a big part of the offense this year, but it would be nice to see at least a couple of throws to them.

As the O struggled in the first half, I wondered where the screen passes were. Loved that they called it back to back in the second half.

Gurley 20 for 108 rushing and 3 for 39 receiving - 147 total yards!

Cooks had 5 receptions on 8 targets for 87 yards. Not a huge game, but he and Goff seemed to be on the same page in exactly the same way Watkins and Goff were not. I look forward to them developing chemistry as the season goes on.

The big 3 on the DL didn't generate a ton of pressure, but they did OK considering they were up against the best interior line in football.

That roughing call on AD is going to get called all season long. BS, but it is what it is.

Hekker!!

Stop with the penalties on punt returns, ugh!! Rams led the league last year in penalties like this? Clean that 7-9 BS up!!
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Random Thotz

CeeZar707September 11, 2018 05:44AM

Re: Random Thotz

Rams43291September 11, 2018 06:13AM

Re: Random Thotz--re: Suh/AD/Brock vs Interior O line

Steve221September 11, 2018 06:28AM

Re: Random Thotz--re: Suh/AD/Brock vs Interior O line

Silverback231September 11, 2018 06:49AM

Jet sweep

SUretHing187September 11, 2018 06:43AM

A major key to the game