Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Nice post, Steve. Couple more thoughts to add...

August 19, 2018 08:18AM
First, let me say that I largely resonate with your takes.

I’m even a bit more bullish on Franklin-Myers than you are. I predict that he will grow and develop steadily this season. He’s already a gem and will provide quality rotational snaps this season.

Yeah, Noteboom was a HUGE find late in the 3rd round. I see a bright, bright future for this young man. I’m already 100% sold.

Now, a few original thoughts after the Raider game...

I’m just gonna say it. Our Achilles heel now seems to be backup QB. I’m uncomfortable there with all three guys. Surely McVay feels the same? Hope so. And I hope that Snead is scouring rosters for potential upgrades. Our season potentially could hang on the results.

Malcolm Brown’s hold on #2 RB seems to be slipping. He needs to make a statement in these remaining PS games, I think. Unless his performance in practices has solidified his slot? Kelly has just been looking so good in the 2 PS games. Kelly not only makes the 53, but might seize that #2 spot based on results I’ve seen so far.

I’m kinda liking our OL depth now with the addition of the 3 rookies. Yeah, Kromer needs to coach them up and they need to live in that weight room, but I feel cautiously optimistic about their respective ceilings. What a relief that is.

Reynolds and Hemingway need to do a better job of catching the damned ball. Both have disappointed me, falling far short of expectations. TE might be a high priority for next offseason. Sigh...

This Hodge kid is making a statement, huh? Comes in late to camp and yet has outplayed the bottom of our WR roster. Don’t see how they can keep 7 WR’s, but I also don’t see how they can cut Hodge if he keeps this up. Nice problem to have.

Good thing for Pharoh Cooper that he’s a helluva ST player, ‘cause he’s not impressing as a WR. TBH, this Hodge kid would otherwise seize Cooper’s WR spot, I think.

Westbrooks just keeps getting better and better, doesn’t he? He’s now reached the stature of a top tier rotational DL player. Not gonna be a whole lot of relief for opposing OL players this year as Rams rotate their DL players. Love it.

I don’t think that it’s too soon to feel cautiously optimistic about our LB depth. Joe Barry and Wade seem to have multiple LB candidates to develop. I’ve been particularly impressed by Kiser’s instincts. And Lawler, Scales, and Hager have been showing up constantly on my TV screen in these 2 games. Plenty for a coach like Barry to work with there.

We are loaded in our secondary, DL, and WR corps, aren’t we? And to think that just 2 years ago we were pathetic at WR. Now it wouldn’t be a big stretch to call all 3 units elite.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Rams Raiders a few thoughts-observations

Steve910August 19, 2018 02:42AM

Nice post, Steve. Couple more thoughts to add...

Rams43347August 19, 2018 08:18AM

more thoughts to add: Who in the Heck is KhaDarel Hodge?

Anonymous User382August 19, 2018 11:09AM

Re: more thoughts to add: Who in the Heck is KhaDarel Hodge?

Ramfaithful239August 19, 2018 07:11PM

highlights look impressive for a long-strider...

SunTzu_vs_Camus185August 20, 2018 05:21AM

Re: Nice post, Steve. Couple more thoughts to add...

bigjimram21331August 19, 2018 12:42PM

Couldn't care less, about the lack of physical play

Paydirt358August 19, 2018 09:30AM

Reminds Me Of The Classic..................

RamFanInPA326August 19, 2018 01:10PM

So you're saying..

sstrams242August 19, 2018 01:19PM

Re: So you're saying..finessy

Steve175August 21, 2018 01:53AM

Couple of more thoughts...

Rams43291August 19, 2018 10:45AM