Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

About this 2018 rookie class...

August 16, 2018 08:29AM
I’ve read every beat writer piece and every camp report that I could get my hands on. Plus, I’ve watched and re-watched that Ravens game.

And, although it’s obviously early, I must say that I’m cautiously optimistic at this point.

First, the OL. We do seem to have a small nucleus of youngsters that Kromer can mold into possible future starters.

Noteboom. Looks like a solid future starter, maybe even at the all-important LOT position.
Demby. Looking like “den” may have been right. Looks kinda like he “belongs”, you know?
Brian Allen. Love his attitude, but I’m still not quite convinced. Hopefully, he will take some big steps forward in these next 3 games.

Gotta say that that looks like a darned good job addressing OL by S&M.

Kelly and Davis. Each is looking like a very good 3rd RB. Heck, maybe even a backup for Gurley. Zero RB worries at this point for me.

No dramatic “Cooper Kupp” type obvious steals among the above, mind you, but certainly worthy of some cautious optimism.

Next, the LB’s and “DE’s”. Not seeing any Bobby Wagners, but I am seeing a lot of kids that are diagnosing and making plays.

Myers. So good that he’s playing with the ones? Wow! Yeah, AD is absent, but still. McVay sat him with the starters vs the Ravens.

Kiser. Might be a classic so-so practice player that becomes a gamer when the lights come on. Liked him on draft day and like him even more after the Raven game. This kid can play. Solid pick.

Lawler, Scales, and Young. Gonna lump these guys together here. All have flashed at times and all have given reason to make me believe that they might become quality backups this year and even possible starters one day.

Christian and Countess. Both looking like very capable backups at S to me. I’m certainly not worried at this point, anyway.

All in all, it sure looks like S&M have done a workmanlike job of building quality depth in multiple positions with limited premium draft picks. Don’t know how much more we could have expected from them, tbh.

Now, here are a few things that trouble me and one that really worries me. Just so you know that I’m not blinded by sheer optimism. Lol.

First, my real worry. Backup QB is a ticking time bomb. Mannion has disappointed (to be polite) and Brandon Allen hasn’t yet looked like a capable replacement if Goff goes down, at least to me. That might change in these next 3 PS games. Sure hope so. Perez? We haven’t seen a snap on TV and camp reports haven’t exactly been glowing. So... Gulp!

My “troubles”?

Reynolds and Hemingway need to step it up. This is their golden opportunity to shine and they’re stumbling, instead. Maybe I had too high of hopes, but I don’t think so. Both will almost certainly make the 53 THIS year, but Snead might be drafting their respective replacements next year unless they really step it up. C’mon, fellas!

Not too many things to be concerned about at this point, huh?

No injuries, please! (Knocks on wood).

What (or whom) did I miss?
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

About this 2018 rookie class...

Rams43523August 16, 2018 08:29AM

Re: About this 2018 rookie class...

RamsFanSinceLA228August 16, 2018 09:08AM

Rams43264August 16, 2018 09:48AM

RamsFanSinceLA202August 16, 2018 10:00AM

Who is Myers? nm