Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Very nice 8/15 camp report by bubbaramfan...

August 15, 2018 08:14PM
Here’s bubbaramfan...

Good day of practice. Mid 80's, not a very large crowd. Everyone in full pads, Longacre with LB's limited participation. Barron and Easley on sidelines. Did not see Justin Davis on field.

Got LB's in front of me. Joe Barry and his assistants had them doing strip drills, then tipped ball drill and return setup. Ryan Davis was with the LB's. F-Meyers with the DE/DL. Hard to say any one player stood out in these drills.

McVay then did something I have not seen in camp until now. 2 minute drills with the whole team participating. No other drills going on. Players either participating or watching on the sideline. 1st team O vs 1st team D, then 2nd team D vs 2nd team O. This went real fast, no huddle,

1st team O- Whit, Saffold, Sully, Brown, Hav. Goff, Gurley(Brown), Woods Cook Kupp (Cooper couple snaps with ones). D--Suh, Brockers, Westbrooks DT, Myers, Ebukam DE Littleton, Wilson ILB, Talib Peters, Johnson III Joyner.

1st series--Goff to Cooks over middle for 7, Woods end around for 5, Talib int of Goff for pick six.

Quick sub 2nd teams O- Noteboom LT, Demby LG, Allen C, Blythe RG, DWilliams RT. (this would be switched around), the only guy that played the same position with the 2's was Allen. Blythe got snaps at C later in Red Zone and 11 on 11 drills.

1st series 2's on 2's 2min-- Mannion to Cooper,25yd TD Next series- Mannion to JoJo Natson for 11, Manion to Kelly out of the backfield for 8. Greg short FG.

Couple more series by both that had a lot of dropped passes and a couple sacks. Gurley, Brown and Kelly were often targeted on screens. Not many went to Higbee or Hemmingway in this drill. (Hemmingway had a bad day, dropped 5 or 6 that I saw during the whole practice)

After giving up early TD's, defense won this drill,1's and 2's. 2's did give up couple sacks.

Franklin-Meyers stood out. 2 sacks. Guy is quick and strong. Playing with the 1's.

Red Zone drills now. Same as 2min drill, all players either involved or waiting on sideline to get involved.

1st team 3 plays and Zurilin FG. 2nd team Mannion to JoJo Natson again for TD This series Lucas at LT, DWilliams at RT, Demby RG, Allen C, Neary LG.

2nd series Goff to Kupp for 10, Goff int by Christian. (Christian almost had another on later)

2nd team Mannion to Hemmingway, Mannion to cooper, FG Zurlien

McVay then has the 1st vs 1st drill getting out deep in own end . Had the ball spotted on their own 2 or 3 yd line then hand of to Gurley with OL big epush into DL. This drill was the most physical I've seen all camp. You could hear the pad contact and hear the guys grunting. Both 1's and 2's di several series.

Next drill was punting from own endzone. Hekker crowded to the back of the endzone. Cooper back as PR. 1st play he barely gets it off, 2nd he hits one 60+, Cooper had to backpedal his ass off.

Pretty much it for the last full pads practice.

Other tidbits I saw today: Suh batted a couple Goff passed down. Hemmingway with 2 catches over the middle from Mannion. But he also dropped some easy catches. Marquis Christian wa all over the field today a pick six, and broke up couple passes. Mannion putting the ball on the money.

Another odd thing today. McVay took the whole team off the field for a 15 minute break. Never did that before.

Well there it is. I tried to take notes seeing how this practice will be the last the public will be able to see. Tomorrow is an early walk through in shells.

I'll be there.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Very nice 8/15 camp report by bubbaramfan...

Rams431012August 15, 2018 08:14PM

Re: Very nice 8/15 camp report by bubbaramfan...

XXXIVwin368August 15, 2018 09:05PM

Re: Since that glowing Saturday practice

Speed_Kills273August 16, 2018 05:06AM

Re: Since that glowing Saturday practice

zn250August 16, 2018 05:21AM

Yeah. except the starters played.

max234August 16, 2018 05:29AM

Re: Yeah. except the starters played.

zn228August 16, 2018 05:38AM

max188August 16, 2018 07:14AM