Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Jaylen Ramsey has something to say (about literally everyone)...

August 15, 2018 06:39AM
Jalen Ramsey Has Something to Say (About Literally Everyone)

BY CLAY SKIPPER

[www.gq.com]

In his first two seasons in the NFL, Jalen Ramsey hasn't quite let his game speak for itself. He has infamously talked smack to Steve Smith, Sr.—calling the legendary receiver and trash-talker an “old man”—exchanged jabs with Tom Brady before a game, and even got so far inside A.J. Green’s head last season that the Bengals wideout chokeslammed Ramsey long after the whistle.

Of course, the unofficial rules of trash talking dictate that you can't talk @#$%& unless you can back it up. And here it helps that the 23-year-old just might be the best cornerback in the NFL.

Jalen Ramsey: If all those teams were wanting Cleveland Browns’ No. 1 overall pick Baker Mayfield so bad—Baker compares better with Lamar Jackson than any of those other quarterbacks. So if they want that type of quarterback—confident, get out the pocket, throw on the run, big plays, charisma—then yeah, I understand Baker going number one. But if all the other people were competing and wanting Baker, too, then why wasn't Lamar the second quarterback chosen? Instead of at the end of the first round.

I think Buffalo Bills draft pick Josh Allen is trash. I don't care what nobody say. He's trash. And it's gonna show too. That's a stupid draft pick to me. We play them this year, and I'm excited as hell. I hope he's their starting quarterback. He played at Wyoming. Every time they played a big school—like, they played Iowa State, which is not a big school in my opinion because I went to Florida State, and he threw five interceptions, and they lost by a couple touchdowns or something like that.

He never beat a big school. If you look at his games against big schools, it was always hella interceptions, hella turnovers. It's like: Yo, if you're this good, why couldn't you do better? He fits that mold, he's a big, tall quarterback. Big arm, supposedly. I don't see it, personally.

I would've picked Lamar Jackson earlier than 32. I think he's gonna do a good job. Especially with the Baltimore Ravens' offensive coordinator—he likes running quarterbacks, likes that read option.

And just being honest about it, Joe Flacco sucks. I played him two years in a row. He sucks.

Who are the quarterbacks, in your opinion, who don't suck?

Aaron Rodgers does not. Tom Brady doesn't. I gotta think now, about all the teams... I think Marcus Mariota is a great quarterback for their team. I think Tyrod Taylor is actually a better quarterback than he gets credit for, because he does not make mistakes. He's honestly a Marcus Mariota type player, where he manages a game really well, always has them at least in position to be in the game late in the game. He just doesn't have turnovers that often. That's really all you need, especially if you get a good defense.

Are you sold on the Jimmy Garoppolo hype?

I don't know yet. Just cause when they beat us, his hype picked up. They were like, "He beat the number one defense." It was all schemes. He didn't beat us. It wasn't like he diced us up. It was literally all schemes. They were doing flat routes to the wide open fullback, and he's running for 20 yards down the field four times during the game... So he didn't really dice us up. It was their fullback and their tight end on over routes. But if you know how to work within your scheme then it means you're good. I guess you could say he's good.

Deshaun Watson, he'll be the league MVP in a couple years. One hundred percent. There's not even a debate about that. Him and Carson Wentz, for every year starting now until five to ten years, it's gonna be them two. They're that good.

Jared Goff, he's average to above average. He reminds me of Jimmy Garoppolo a little bit. Year one, he wasn't good. He wasn't even good enough to earn his own starting role. Like, if you the number one pick, you expected to start now. Period. He wasn't ready to do that. He wasn't able to do that.

Then when he did get in, he didn't really do that good. But in his second year, they got a new offensive coordinator. Your offensive coordinator is just your brainiac. When we played them, it felt like his offensive coordinator was drawing up perfect plays and then he was hitting the open man. For what his team ask him to do, yeah, he's good.

Dak Prescott, he's good. He's alright. He's okay. I'll put it that way. Ezekiel Elliott runs that team though. Everything runs around Zeke.

What about Kirk Cousins?

I think he's good. I think he's a winner. He's a hell of a competitor. Coming off the play action, he's the best quarterback in the league. Play action passing, he's a hell of a quarterback. Derek Carr, I think he's good. Eli Manning... It's not really Eli. I think it's Odell Beckham, Jr.. I won't say Eli's good, I'll say Odell's good. And their connection is good.

I think Russell Wilson is good. I think he's just a really good leader too. Big Ben Roethlisberger, I think he's decent at best… It's not Big Ben, it's Antonio Brown. Big Ben slings the ball a lot of the time. He just slings it, and his receivers go get it. He has a strong arm, but he ain't all that. I played him twice last year, and he really disappointed me. He'll be in the Hall of Fame and all that.

What about your boy Blake Bortles?

Blake do what he gotta do… I think in crunch time moments, like last year's playoff game—not as a team, because we would have trusted him—but I think as an organization, we should have trusted him more to keep throwing it. We kinda got complacent and conservative. And I think that's why we lost. We started running it on first and second down, throwing it on third down, every single time we were out there. The Patriots caught on to that.

Nick Foles?

He won them a Super Bowl so he's good enough to do that. He had a hella good team, too, though. But as long as you can do what the team asks you to do, then you're straight. Like people say Blake sucks, but he took us to the AFC Championship game off strictly doing what was just asked of him: not turning the ball over, running Leonard Fournette to death, letting the defense get some turnovers, and putting us in a good field position to capitalize on.

That was what we asked him to do. Playoff Blake is good. People can say whatever but playoff Blake is good. I think that's how it is with a lot of teams: as long as you do what that team is asking you to do, and you do it well with the rest of the team, then you can be considered good—or at least not bad. You not a bad quarterback if you do what your team asks of you.

Matthew Stafford, I think he's straight. I don't think he the best quarterback out there. But he do what he gotta do.

Drew Brees. I'm a fan of Drew Brees. I think Drew Brees really good, even at this age. He still runs. Everything. Andrew Luck—I don't really think he's that good. Him and T.Y. Hilton had a connection in the past that made him stand out a little bit more, but I don't think he's good. Who's the Miami quarterback?

Ryan Tannehill.

I don't know much about him. I haven't heard the greatest of stuff about him but I don't know him personally so I can't tell you. I don't watch their games either. Philip Rivers, I think he's pretty good. What's the Atlanta quarterback's name?

Matt Ryan.

I think Matt Ryan's overrated. You can't tell me you win MVP two years ago, and then last year, you a complete bust, and you still got Julio Jones? There's no way that should ever happen. I don't care. You know what that tells me? That tells me Offensive Coordinator Kyle Shanahan left, went to San Francisco, got Garoppolo, made Garoppolo this big thing. And now Garoppolo is a big name—and now Matt Ryan has this bad year? Alright, well, was it really you, or was it your coach? He was doing what was asked of him and it was making him look really, really good.

Do you think Colin Kaepernick's good enough to be in the league?

Yeah. Oh, hell yeah. He's way better than some of these second string quarterbacks out here. Possibly better than some of these first string quarterbacks out here. And some teams have third string quarterbacks. He's definitely good enough to be in the league, but he won't be. Sadly...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/15/2018 06:39AM by Rams43.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Jalen Ramsey shares his thoughts on Jared Goff...

Rams43842August 15, 2018 06:21AM

Jaylen Ramsey has something to say (about literally everyone)...

Rams43262August 15, 2018 06:39AM

Rams 27 - Jags 17. nm.

stlramz276August 15, 2018 06:40AM

Re: Rams 27 - Jags 17. nm.

Ramsfsninmd179August 15, 2018 06:50AM

he can be right

21Dog182August 15, 2018 07:36AM

Yep, like a broken clock is still right twice a day

RamEd183August 15, 2018 08:02AM

Goff is going to hear this

Ram_Ruler211August 15, 2018 08:24AM

Re: Goff is going to hear this

Rampage2K-190August 15, 2018 08:30AM

Ironically Goff did pretty well when targeting Mr big mouth lol

Ram_Ruler178August 15, 2018 11:18AM

Re: Ironically Goff did pretty well when targeting Mr big mouth lol

Rampage2K-164August 15, 2018 11:56AM

The guy is talking because that's his deal....

roman18151August 15, 2018 12:17PM

Ramsey cannot control himself (In Jags "time out" now)

Ramgator157August 16, 2018 07:35AM

For him to say Flacco sucks????

Ramgator147August 16, 2018 07:39AM

he is a total and complete idiot!! Just put a huge target on Blake

Rampage2K-139August 16, 2018 08:16AM

Re: Man there is some truth to his comment....

dzrams148August 16, 2018 08:43AM

Re: Flacco flat out won that SB for them

Speed_Kills139August 16, 2018 08:50AM