Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

DR RAM’s review of Rams D in Ravens game...

August 13, 2018 05:33AM
Here’s DR RAM...

On defense:

Opening the game at MLB, Hager played well. He was quick to recognize the plays, and shed blocks. #98 Ryan Davis got a run, early in the game, listed as our 3rd string OLB, and what stood out, was how well he set the edge, early in the game. It showed good discipline. He forced runs to go inside, where Hager usually made the tackle.

On a pass play to Crabtree, #24 Blake Countess sniffed it out, and impacted Crab as he tried to catch the ball, jarring it out on the sideline. #41 Marqui Christian was there also, showing good range. On the next play, a run, Davis sets the edge again, Hager, and Joseph-Day clog their gaps, and #52 Ramik Wilson takes a good angle to make the tackle, but flying in from out of the screen, Christian makes the low tackle. There wasa penalty on the play for a chop block, which moved the Ravens back.

Ravens come out in a double slot formation, and Ramik's man makes a fake to the outside, then beats Wilson badly to the inside, but he chases down the reciever to make the tackle, along with Countess, and Marqui showing up, just in case.

Flacco gets flushed, and it allow Crabrtree to to bust his route, and he takes it deep, Troy Hill got caught looking, Completed pass, what was strange, but it appeard as about 5 guys all tried to pass rush through the same gap, must have been a major miscommunication there.

New st of downs, and Flacco wants to throw a flare pass to B. Allen, bur R. Wilson had great coverage on him, so Flacco threw it away. On the Ram 15 #53 Lawler is in playing in a wide 8 stance, and the Ravens pulling his way try to run the ball. Hager fills where they want to run, but the Lawler sheds the pulling block from the TE, and he makes the tackle for a minimum gain. So, it's 3 - 7 now, and I think they are in Gun formation, Ebukam has a nice power rush from the right side, and the OLT just absolutely mauls him, should have been an easy flag,

#98 Ryan Davis, back in, gets nice pressure from the other side, and Flacco rushes, and throws, incomplete.
There was a late flag thrown on the play, and it was out of frame, but they called Troy Hill with hands to the face, Hill looks miffed, and there was no replay. Makes it first and goal. Ravens spread the formation, and run the oldest play in the book, a pass in the flat to the FB, who was wide open. I couldn't tell who was responsible on the play, as the Ravens ran crosses, and picks, good play by them. TD.

Next series. #46 Tegray Scales makes a nice inside solo tackle, stuffing the runner. Passing play, and just in #49 Trevon Young lining up at OLB, had a nice pressure. Lamar Jackson is flushed, and Young chases him down, just an outstanding play, and show of athleticism by Young, who is listed at 6'4" 260 lbs. This play blew me away. Run play next, and #r46 Scales makes a nice tackle from opposite side of field, showing some wheels. Also showing wheels, there's that man again, Young is in on the play, Quite a debut series for the young man.

Pass play, out of shotgun, and #59 Kiser blitzes and gets a QB hit. He is in there quickly. #95 Westbrooks looked good on the play, as did #53 Lawler. End of half.

3Q Defense:

Just some notes really, as I am wearing out. Lawler makes 2 good plays in a row. Kiser is always around the ball, and is showing great instincts, play recognition, and quickness. Rams get the ball back. Next series, #46 Scales missed an open field tackle, but it didn't cost us. I was focusing mostly on good plays, and noticed, even though Ramon Richards gave up a huge play, the coverage was textbook. I also noticed Richard's on ST, almost always making the first block for JoJo Natson.

The 4th Q was almost all Rams on offense.

What got me most excited about the defense, although he only played very limited snaps, Trevon Howard looks like he could be a beast. Kiser, and Lawler flashed. Scales made some nice plays. Hager was solid. Westbrooks looked very good in limited snaps. Ebukam looked solid, and effective. Davis sets a hard edge. Christian was around the ball a lot. Countess was on point. Hill had an off game, and the Ravens were actually picking on him, wherever he was lined up.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

DR RAM’s review of Rams D in Ravens game...

Rams43318August 13, 2018 05:33AM

More DR RAM...

Rams43181August 13, 2018 05:36AM

Another DR RAM tidbit...

Rams43175August 13, 2018 05:38AM

Yet another...

Rams43158August 13, 2018 05:39AM

Re: Yet another...

Rams43162August 13, 2018 05:41AM