Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A bold post on our backup OL candidates by DR RAM...

August 12, 2018 08:54AM
Enjoy!

Here’s DR RAM...

Noteboom is very impressive, Demby is almost as impressive, but not OLT material. Noteboom will be able to play 4 positions. Allen got blown up once, bad...but played very well for a rookie, at Guard, and Center. Lucas is better at OLT, than ORT, and Williams is better at ORT, than OLT. Demby can play either Guard, or ORT. He was impressive. Eldrencamp, and Neary are both serviceable, but Blythe is better than both of them at the C/G position.

There is really good comp here, guys, and they played all over, but Noteboom, Allen, and Demby are safe for sure. I think we will keep the next best OLT, because Demby can play G/ORT. Tough call between Williams, and Lucas at that spot at this time, IMO. Noteboom is the best, and our future OLT. I think we got a steal here, needs a little strength and seasoning., but...wow. Tons of competition on the inside. Buyers choice. Blythe is most seasoned. Neary surprised me the most, because he had a bad start, but we moved him around, and he got better. His biggest problem is his leverage...he plays too high, when he plays low, he plays well.

Allen plays with amazing leverage, but he got caught pulling on one play, and got blown up, which resulted in a TFL against us. Only once though. He will drive through a player, and finish.

Eldrencamp, just gets the job done, doesn't stand out out, good or bad, which is not a bad thing for an OL'man. He is in the picture, same as the next guy....

Neary, if he could play with leverage at all times, he would be sneaky good. He understands the game, but physically, will never be a dominant player.

Brown was very disappointing, and I am a fan. He was unable to sustain blocks, which directly led to giving up tackles. He, at this point has not improved in strength, or attitude.

Kolone, didn't see anything to make note of.

Demby and Noteboom, both have really good feet, and are very fluid players. They both need some strength, and to learn some technique on how to re-anchor. They look like long term potential starters to me. Demby is way more athletic than he looks.

Blythe is tough, disciplined and effective. Can be a starter, but ideal as a C/G backup.

Williams and Lucas both play better on one side versus the other. Lucas tends to stop his feet, and just use his hands, and Williams, will lose with his hands, and scramble to recover with his feet, sometimes diving to knock his opponent out of the play. He seems more competitive to me, Lucas has more natural talent.

At first preseason, I am very hopeful for sustainability.

I don't know if Jamon will have a job when he is eligible.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

A bold post on our backup OL candidates by DR RAM...

Rams43649August 12, 2018 08:54AM

Just a quick comment, and before I’ve re-watched the Raven game...

Rams43227August 12, 2018 08:58AM

More DR RAM tidbits on OL...

Rams43205August 12, 2018 09:04AM

Excellent Stuff 43

BC Ramsfan222August 12, 2018 10:30AM

Re: A bold post on our backup OL candidates by DR RAM...

max174August 12, 2018 10:42AM

den-the-coach156August 12, 2018 10:53AM

max175August 12, 2018 11:27AM

Your title descriptions are AWESOME!!!

stlramz212August 12, 2018 12:47PM

Re: Your title descriptions are AWESOME!!!

Rams43151August 12, 2018 02:53PM

careful

21Dog95August 12, 2018 07:17PM

Re: Your title descriptions are AWESOME!!!

RamsFanSinceLA122August 13, 2018 09:00AM