Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: On a star-studded Rams defense, Cory Littleton quietly finds a role

July 08, 2018 05:15AM
RamBill
On a star-studded Rams defense, Cory Littleton quietly finds a role

[tv5.espn.com]

Interesting...LB coach Barry liked Littleton back when he was the coordinator in Washington.

If Los Angeles Rams linebackers coach Joe Barry had his way, he would have started coaching Cory Littleton more than two years ago.

Barry, a former assistant with the Washington Redskins, implored the Redskins to select Littleton in the 2016 draft.

“When we were in Washington we loved him,” Barry said. “I was on the table the entire third day of the draft to draft him.”

The choice to part ways with Ogletree, a cornerstone of the locker room and the team’s leading tackler the last two seasons, was made somewhat easier by the promise Littleton showed last season.

“When he played last year, he’s the type of guy where you’re creating certain packages just to get him on the field...” McVay said.

... his performance against the Titans helped solidify their thought that he could become a full-time starter.

“Cory has unbelievable awareness and instincts,” Barry said. “The things that Cory has been able to work on, and as a coach you can coach a player into doing things better, you can get him to use his hands better, you can get him to get in the weight room and get bigger, fast and stronger … he’s worked on those things.”

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

On a star-studded Rams defense, Cory Littleton quietly finds a role

RamBill526July 07, 2018 04:42AM

zn275July 08, 2018 05:15AM

LMU93185July 09, 2018 12:55PM

i dont know why i didnt read this article before

PHDram150July 10, 2018 09:01AM