Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Was anyone else like me the very moment Mike Jones made "The Tackle"??

June 04, 2018 02:36AM
I had been a Rams fan since Dec 1976. For years, I envisioned the day the Rams win it all with me literally running down the street screaming (Like I did after Vince hit Waddy) or I'd be jumping up n down uncontrollably ( Like I did during Greens pick 6 at Frisco on MNF in 85) After THE Tackle??? I let out a high pitched but low volume "Yes!" that last all of 2 seconds. And then I stood 4-5 feet from my TV, till Al Michael's signed off........IN DEAD SILENCE. It was almost like it was not real. During the post game stuff, I know I drifted off with thoughts of The Mud Bowl......Losing 28 to zip in L.A. vs Dallas........Vinny to Waddy followed by the heart ache of SB14.......and even getting clobbered 51 to 7 at D.C......I thought of the 1989 team (VERY special group IMO)........ The anger of S.O.S.A.R. and Norton punching the FG at Busch Stadium........and a whole lot in between. When Michael's signed off, I immediately turn to QVC and ordered just about everything....and then went to bed. I swear it was a day, maybe TWO before REAL giddiness set in.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Was anyone else like me the very moment Mike Jones made "The Tackle"??

Ramgator260June 04, 2018 02:36AM

I knew he was short..

sstrams146June 04, 2018 04:39AM

In today's NFL

BigGame81155June 04, 2018 05:03AM

Yeah, I thought..

sstrams122June 04, 2018 06:33AM